Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
A Stitch in Time
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
I got a call from my doctor's office today. The second biopsy came back as expected & confirmed that I indeed have skin cancer. Now they will go ahead and set up the surgery & plastic surgery to follow. She asked if I had a preference in plastic surgeons. I told her, "Dr. 90210" Unfortunately, he is unavailable. I'll be happy with anyone who will slip a nice C cup in each breast while he is working in that general region.

Then the following dialoge takes place:

Me: "What about my stitches?"
Nurse: "Well, you will have to talk to the plastic surgeon about that."
Me: "Huh?"
Nurse: "Well, he's the one who will be putting them in."
Me: "No! The ones in my breast right now!"
Nurse: "Oh! Hold on."
........
Nurse: "Oh, you can take those out tomorrow."
Me: "Um, okay...thanks."

Did I mention I almost pass out everytime I have stitches taken out? Ugh, makes me nauses. It's something about that thread passing under my skin; it makes me stomach do flips.

So I get home tonight & tell Damian that I am going to need him to take my stitches out. PAUSE This is where I fill you in on our relationship. Damian and I have chosen not to have sex until we are married. No, neither of us are virgins...far from it. But prior to meeting each other, both of us reached a point in our lives where we decided to abstain from sex for spiritual reasons, as well as realizing just what we had made of sex. But we also aren't like many couples who choose not to have sex, but do everything but....nope. We kiss. That's about it. Of course, we have failed at this before (though still never had sex), but we do stay pretty strong.Play Okay, so back to the stitches. This means I have to find a way to expose my breast enough for Damian to remove my stitches, without exposing my breast. Ha! Easier said that done!

So 20 minutes later, I have a band-aid over my nipple, a bathrobe on, and Damian standing over me with fingernail clippers and tweezers. It was quite a site I'm sure. And after 10 minutes of him succeeding at NOTHING, I man up, grab the clippers & tweezers and clip my own stitches! And I only got a little queesy when I pulled them out. But yep, the plastic surgeon is definately taking the next ones out!

Labels: , ,

posted by Stephanie @ 8:14 PM  
12 Comments:
  • At October 24, 2007 at 10:08 PM, Blogger Boss Lady said…

    I can handle things like that, and my skin crawled up my back just a little thinking of taking out my own stitches...
    Way to go girl!

     
  • At October 25, 2007 at 2:30 AM, Blogger joen05 said…

    Stay strong, Skittle! Everything is going to be fine! I also applaud your decision about abstaining until marriage. You have more strength than I do!

     
  • At October 25, 2007 at 12:32 PM, Blogger hotroxboggsy said…

    So when will you have the surgery and all the skin cancer out??

     
  • At October 25, 2007 at 1:12 PM, Blogger matt said…

    I like the color of your blog. At first I didn't, now I do.

     
  • At October 25, 2007 at 1:17 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Boss Lady: I was so proud of myself I blogged about it ;)

    Joe: It's not always fun, but I know it will be worth it.

    Hot: Not sure yet. I should know the date soon though. I'll let you know.

    Matt: You always make me laugh, and for the record, I always liked the color :)

     
  • At October 25, 2007 at 6:52 PM, Blogger Rahul said…

    You're supposed to take out your own stitches? Since when? I thought doctors are supposed to do that.

     
  • At October 25, 2007 at 9:44 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Why didn't they give you the kind of stitches that dissolve on their own, like I've had every time???

     
  • At October 25, 2007 at 10:08 PM, Blogger prin said…

    Woo! That's pretty brave. I've assisted in animal surgeries, but stitches bug me too. They're kind of creepy.

    And the sex/marriage thing- how long till you get married? I'll count down for you. ;)

     
  • At October 26, 2007 at 1:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    RS: The nurse took the stitches out after the first biopsy, but I guess since no follow up appt was needed this time, they had me take them out.

    Mandy: I don't know, that would have been better.

    Prin: No ring yet, but I've already told him I don't want to be engaged longer than 3 months, so when he does ask, it will be a whirlwind! Trust me, there will be a countdown...I am ready!

     
  • At October 27, 2007 at 1:42 AM, Blogger linda said…

    Abstinance is a good thing for the right reasons. You should be proud of your beliefs - and your success in following it through.

    I always take my own stitches out - I have had loads of operations and just cannot stop myself from doing it.

     
  • At October 27, 2007 at 10:36 AM, Blogger Skryker said…

    I've had to take out my own stitches, too, because I healed up faster than expected and they had to go. Oddly, I found it easier to do than to take out the stitches my dogs had.

    It could be where the stitches were;if it's an area that moves a lot, the non dissolving stitches are better and stronger. Less likely to come out on their own too soon.

     
  • At October 27, 2007 at 9:47 PM, Blogger Sheena @ Mommy Daddy Blog said…

    I've had stitches taken out of my breast and eyebrow and it always seemed like it was gonna hurt, but doesn't. It's just so icky though!

    I'm glad your cancer isn't fatal. Good luck with your surgery!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com