Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Always Late!
Sunday, October 28, 2007
I am chronically late to everything. I just have very poor time management. But what is even worse is when everyone seems to be plotting against you getting somewhere on time. You know what I am talking about. When the 87 year old lady is going 48 mph on a two lane highway where the speed limit is 65 mph (and you know you were going to go 75 mph), or when your iron burns your clothes as you are just finishing up. It happens to everyone...it just seems to happen to me MORE!

Friday evening I told Damian I hoped for an event free day on Saturday. I had ZERO intentions on going in to the office. So what happens? I get woken by an early a.m. page that an apt has been broken in to. Once I called the cops, took pictures, called a window company, and filed the report it was 10:15 a.m. but I was still alone in the office. We open at 10:00 on Saturdays, so where was the leasing agent? I gave her a call...no answer. 10:50a.m. after several calls, she shows up and I can now go home...well, after we have a talk about her being 50 minutes late.

I start walking home, when my mom calls..."Steph, are you coming to this shower?" OMG! It's 11:05 and my sister, Mrs. Mandypoo's baby shower started at 11:00a.m.!! So I pick up from a walk to a jog (only a job because I had a cup of coffee in hand), throw on clothes, jump in my car & speed down road to the shower. Thank you to Mandy for forgiving me for being 25 minutes late!

After the shower I came home, took a nap & woke up at 5:30p.m. Pulled up my email to see if the birthday dinner for my grandparents was at 6:00 or 7:00 p.m. So which was it? Ha! my luck...it started at 5:30! Seriously?! Well, repeat from earlier...throw on clothes, jump in my car & speed down the road to the dinner. What a day!!

On a side note...Damian is steady talking football to me, and I haven't heard a word he has said. I just keep smiling and nodding. Do you think he notices?

Labels: , , ,

posted by Stephanie @ 3:13 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At October 29, 2007 at 12:50 AM, Blogger prin said…

    Oh, I hate days like that- stress about fun things. Tsk.

    No, they don't notice. As long as they get to talk about sports things, they're happy. And the good thing about sports is that they all constantly change, so you never have to remember anything that was said for future reference. :D

     
  • At October 29, 2007 at 2:12 AM, Blogger linda said…

    I am late and have been late for work all my life. So now I have a job where they don't care when I get in, just as long as the work is done. I am late to parties (always forget the times) frequently. Late for lunches - get distracted. Never, ever late to the hairdressers though - priorities. I stopped trying to be on time years ago - which actually helped. Go with the flow!!!

     
  • At October 29, 2007 at 3:07 AM, Blogger Gina said…

    There is a reason they call it "fashionably late" : )

     
  • At October 29, 2007 at 10:44 AM, Blogger Mandy said…

    I understand the chronically 10-minutes disease, because I also inherited it...I just don't seem to have quite as bad of luck with it as you do! And no worries, 3 other people were late to my shower, too. ;o)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com