Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Any chance I can retire at 27?
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Over a year ago I changed careers from being a paralegal to property management. I was good at being a paralegal, but I got tired of the same ole same ole. I didn't really have the opportunity to work with people, and I wasn't passionate about it anymore. So when the opportunity came up to change careers I decided to take a leap. Property management is exciting. It gives me the opportunity to meet new people each day. I have a staff, and thankfully I'm good at this too.

So in the last year I have poured myself into a new career...too much of myself. I made it my priority...above everything else. And things started to look like that was going to be to my benefit. I was offered 4 transfers or promotions over a 3 week period. I had my choice! It was easy to turn down the first option....No Thank You! Option number 2 was temping, in fact I was going to take it, until option number 3 came along. Then when opton number 4 came along, option number 2 was no longer so tempting. So I turned it down too. It was between a transfer to a bigger and better property and a promotion in a temporary position.

I wish I had the gift of seeing through b.s. Damian has that gift. From the first offer, he was able to see through the circumstances and say...don't get excited, I don't trust them. He continued to say this with each offer...and felt stronger each time. He was right. Apparently these offers where offered to more than one person, and when this was realized rather than choosing they decided to given the promotion & transfer to no one & hire outside the company. I think this is shady!

So in doing so, they have stolen my joy. I will no longer sweat blood and tears for them. I will continue to be a loyal employee. I will do my job, but what I will not do is allow it to take the number one spot again. Maybe this was the awakening I needed. Such is life...and life goes on.

Labels:

posted by Stephanie @ 9:24 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At July 26, 2007 at 3:35 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    1. God
    2. Family
    3. Church & Work

    Work is important, but not THAT important. Madi deserves more time than the apartment does. But I see you know that already! ;o)

    By the way, I've been looking at blogskins for you. These are the few I found I think you might like:
    *http://www.blogskins.com/screenshot/31111
    *http://www.blogskins.com/apply.php?sid=42362&action=Preview
    *http://www.blogskins.com/apply.php?sid=144401&action=Preview

    Or just look for your own at www.blogskins.com and I'll help you get it up & running when you pick one!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com