Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Grr ~ Homework
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
I hated homework as a child...who didn't? And as a teenager, I chose not to do it. :) So now that Madi is in 4th grade the homework is getting pretty heavy...and to make matters worse, I'm not here to supervise! Madi gets out of school at 3:15 p.m. (and is home by 3:30ish). I don't get home until after 6:00. So she has 2 1/2 hours time where no one is allowed in the house, the tv is not allowed to be on, and she is not allowed to leave the house. This should be PLENTY of time to get her homework done...but she's not getting it done! I just want to scream! When I get home, she is usually still working on homework until 7:30 to 8:00! This is ridiculous. I really believe it is mostly her fault. She just won't focus. It's crazy though. She knows she can go outside and play or watch tv or play on the computer as soon as she is done...she just won't finish!

Honestly, Madison is in the gifted program, so it isn't an issue of just not getting it. She is LAZY! She doesn't want to think for herself. If you don't know me you may would assume that maybe she has never been required to think for herself. But that is far from the truth. In fact, my mother has often gotten on to me for making Madison become too independant. I just don't know how to make her understand that if she would just hurry up and do it, it would be all over!

As my mother would say...."Hardheaded Youngen!" :)

Labels: ,

posted by Stephanie @ 7:12 PM  
6 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com