Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
I got THE phone call
Friday, February 22, 2008
Last night I was out with some friends for "Diva Night" at our local pottery store. We had just met up to get dinner to take with us when my phone rang. I was actually sitting with my parents because they had choosen to eat at the same place, and I was waiting on the other 2 girls. I looked down, and to my surprise it was the number to home office for my old company in Greensboro, NC. Since I have been trying to get in touch with them for 2 weeks now, you bet I answered it.

I maintained my composure, and explained to the human resource director that I was calling to dispute my termination and the circumstances surrounding my termination, and to file a complaint withtheir office regarding Amy (my old regional manager). I explained Amy's "reason" for firing me, and what had really happened, and as I have done from the beginning, explained that if it were truly against company policy to employ Damian as a vendor then I apologized, but since I had received permission from my direct supervisor, I was not aware I was violating any policy or procedure. But I did understand that knowledge of the policy or not that if it was a policy, then I maintain that I did violate it under those circumstances. (PAUSE! Don't you hate when you think you have tea in your cup and take a big swig only to realize it's Diet Coke? Okay, sorry, that just threw me off for a minute!) I am not going to go into this denying I did anything wrong, because if it really is against company policy, then I was in violation....I own up to that, but what I expect is for my regional to own up to approving it, and that she too was in violation. Neither violation (in my opinion) worthy of termination.

I mentioned the other day that I recently heard another manager had hired her daughter as a leasing agent. There is some question as to whether or not that is true. I have had several reputable people tell me both positively yes and positively no, so that bit of information really is mute at this time. But as I am on the phone (and I think this part should be in bold because it is the crescendo of my conversation)I suddenly remembered that a manager down in Warner Robins and the maintenance tech for that same property are brother and sister-in-law. Keep in mind Mary (HR) has already told me she believes the policy states that no manager may employ their spouse or any other relative as an employee or vendor on their property. My mom's, who is sitting across from me, mouth dropped, and eye brows raised when I said that. And I told HR that it was not my intent to get these employees in trouble, but to simply state that they too are in Amy's region, so she has to have ongoing knowledge of this, and have approved it. The HR lady was floored. She couldn't believe it when I told her this.

The conversation was basically left at this. Mary will be conducting an investigation into the basis of my termination, the approval of the situation down in Warner Robins, and if it is determined that Amy was bending the rules for her benefit and not consistent in upholding the policy then she will be let go, and I will be returned to my position with the company. I told HR I would follow back up with her in 3 weeks, since I felt that would be plenty of time to conduct such investigation and make any necessary changes.

Now say your prayers, and sit back and watch God work!

Labels:

posted by Stephanie @ 10:15 AM  
4 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com