Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
86 Wallpaper
Sunday, June 8, 2008
My parents live in a time warp, and have for quite some time now. They bought this house 15 years ago, and it was covered in wallpaper head to toe. No seriously, COVERED! The kitchen: all the way around the bottom half. The dining room: all the way around the bottom half. Living room: the same, but with PINK walls on the top half. Foyer: top to bottom wallpaper. 1/2 Bath: top to bottom again. Hall: top to bottom with 2 DIFFERENT KINDS OF WALLPAPER. (That's just wrong!) And finishing off the downstairs 2 full baths with top to bottom wallpaper and border! (Luckily the bedrooms were free of this monstrosity.)

About 6 months ago, my parents stripped the kitchen and dining room, and began updating those rooms. Friday, I felt the need to help move things along. So I tore strips of wallpaper from the living room and hallway. No big deal in the living room. The paper tore perfectly in the strips it was put on. HOWEVER, the hall, on the other hand looked like bad art work when I got through. I ripped a few strips here in there...some 1" wide, some 6" wide. Some 3" tall others 30" tall. :) It was quite the eye sore! (Wish I had taken pictures.) So, Saturday, when I got home, mom and dad had set up to begin removing the rest. In a matter of 4 hours and 4 people, we stripped the hall entirely.

The moral of my story?

1. Wallpaper is of the devil. Don't be tempted. It is a sin. Stand strong and don't do it!
2. After 6 months of talking about doing it, it only took 1 day of seeing it 1/2 way done to do something about it.
3. 4 Hours & 4 People...that crap was on there good!
4. Obviously, since this was the only thing I posted about...my weekend sucked!

Labels: , ,

posted by Stephanie @ 9:20 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At June 9, 2008 at 9:47 AM, Blogger Courtney said…

    Sorry, but I had to laugh at number 4. Hope your week is fun.

     
  • At June 9, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Blogger prin said…

    I agree. Wallpaper is evil. Especially when people paint over it. Tsk.

     
  • At June 10, 2008 at 8:50 AM, Blogger Mandy said…

    lol, you know you loved it...especially since NONE of the rooms matched or blended whatsoever. My fav. combo, though, was the pepto pink in the living room and then the purple crap in the foyer. That was real nice.

    And oooops, Prin....I'm guilty of that!!! (Taking that mess down just doesn't sound as easy as painting right over it, lol).

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com