Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
In Bri Fashion!
Wednesday, June 4, 2008


Dear Brianne:

I never knew your real name was Brianne, it was always Bri, and since your last name was so hard to pronouce, I just always assumed your first name was the same. There I go stereotyping you native Americans!

Today was your party! What a great idea. Your family never would have been able to do it if it hadn't been your idea. But it was definately a Bri party! Several people came in their Bri fashion with tye-dye shirts, mis-matched fashions, and trucker hats. We definately met new people and mingled. Heck, I even met the doctor who delivered you! Outside of your mom, he had us all beat for the one who had known you the longest. Some impression you must have made on him!

The line was long to see you. Most of us just stopped in for a minute because you were so tired. Your mom sat with you the whole day though. We knew it wouldn't be long, and honestly most of us felt like you would leave us as soon as the party was over. I know you were hanging on to go out with a bang.

At 8:00 tonight, you closed your eyes for the last time. You peacefully slipped away, and left your party here on earth to join the huge celebration in heaven. We all imagined, you were looking down, going "Guys! You call that a party?! You should see how they do it up here." But we gave it our best. I do have a confession. Despite the fact that we all told you we wouldn't...we did cry. But don't worry, we didn't let the sadness last too long. Liz started it off telling funny stories, and your mom, and grandma, Ashley, Bo, and your brothers shared story after story, keeping us all entertained. You were quite the funny girl you know....yeah, you know.

Bri, you were an incredible girl...start to finish. You never conformed, and never fit into life's box. But most importantly, you were selfless. I'll never forget the Sunday at church when Damian told you that I was going to have another surgery the next day. You made a point to tell me that you had chemo the next day, and nothing better to do during your treatment than to pray for me during my surgery. You truly are a great friend! I can't wait to see you again!

Stephanie



posted by Stephanie @ 10:14 PM  
5 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com