Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Celebration of Life
Monday, June 2, 2008
In September, when I was diagnosed with skin cancer, we found out a 21 year old friend of ours was diagnosed with Leukemia. She began chemo and radiation immediately. Her prognosis was good. Around November she reached a point where she could receive a bone marrow transplant. However, because she is Native American, they knew there would be difficulty finding a match. In December, God answered her prayers and she received a 10 out of 10 match, despite all the odds!

Unfortunately, she got sick during that time, and her immune system would not allow for the transplant. Over the last 9 months she has gone through 8 rounds of chemo, constantly battling the percentage of leukemia blasts in her bone marrow. During her illness she would be unable to receive chemo and her blasts levels would increase to levels too high for a transplant.

Friday, she was told she had little chance of recovery or remission. She and her family made the decision to stop treatment. Because of the rapid spread of her leukemia, as well as pneumonia, septicimia, & a fungal infection on her skin, she is expected to live only another week or two.

Please pray for her family. Bri is completely at peace, and ready to go home to her father. However, after 9 months of fighting with her, I know that when Bri goes home, her family will need all our prayers. In the mean time, her family will be holding a Brianne-abration (or Celebration of Life) for Bri before she passes. I sure it will be hard for all who attend, but what an honor for Bri to be able to see one last time the many lives she has touched.

Feel free to visit her website to learn about her battle, her life, and her Brianne-abration.
posted by Stephanie @ 5:06 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At June 2, 2008 at 5:49 PM, Blogger Boss Lady said…

    The link to her website is wrong, I think. Check it, I want to read more about Brianne. And we will be praying for her family.

     
  • At June 3, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Blogger Courtney said…

    It wouldn't take me to the website when I clicked it. You have me crying and it's only 9:10 a.m. I'm glad she's at peace, but like you said, her family will have a hard time. I will be praying for them.

     
  • At June 3, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I fixed the link. You should be able to go there now. Sorry!

     
  • At June 4, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Blogger prin said…

    That's so sad. :(

    You're a great friend though.

     
  • At June 4, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Matt & Michelle from our Sunday School class have been keeping her on our prayer list, and I had no clue that you knew her. Matt's sister (Courtney) is apparantely one of Bri's best friends and she had already planned and paid for (a few thousand dollars, in fact) a mission trip that she had to leave for this past weekend. She was so upset when she found out that she would either have to cancel the trip (and lose all that $) or spend only one more day with her friend...

    I think I read ever post on her site yesterday...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com