Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
How Do I Turn the Water Works Off?
Sunday, September 16, 2007
In no way does reading this blog excuse you from reading my previous blog. I wrote 2 today, but that just means you are required to read 2 today :)

I am a very emotional person. To know me is to know that this is an understatement. I cry often. Growing up I cried during movies as my 2 sisters laughed at me. They found it hilarious that I cried during Old Yellar, My Girl, Forest Gump, Steel Magnolias, Lion King, Top Gun...you name it. My sisters...never!

So as I get older, I cry more! (Is that really possible?) I am an emotional basketcase. On September 11th I went to a memorial service at my daughter's school & cried through the whole service. As I was wiping my tears discretely, I decided that I am not going to live the rest of my life hiding my emotions (not that I really could), but I'm no longer going to even try.

So this morning as I'm in the shower, I have an emotional moment...and cry. I get myself together and head to my parents church (the church I grew up in) for the 100th Anniversary service. We opened with the very first song ever sang in the church 100 years ago...so I got teary eyed. Then thye play a slideshow to the song "Thank You" with pictures of members of the church who played a big role in the church who have now passed. Seeing all those older men and women who played such a big role in my life opened the flood gates...again! Then it happened, my grandmother's picture appears. I now go from tears streaming quietly down my face to obnoxious crying. This goes on for the remainder of the song and then off and on again through most of the service. (My grandmother's passing has been the biggest most difficult moment in my life...another blog, another day)

All-in-all it was a great service, and I did manage to get a hold of myself. After the service I called Damian to tell him about the great service, I got about 4 words into telling him about the slide show and it started up again. It took me 5 minutes to get myself together enough just to tell him. Then of course, I still tear up when I finally get it all out.

A few hours later I am on the road to Atlanta. And the water works begin again! Seriously, can someone tell me where the off switch is! Please!! All these tears in one day! Though today has been slightly more emotional than usual, it really isn't too far off from a normal day. I'm not a sad person; I'm not depressed. I laugh just as much as I cry. I just have to figure out how to hold back the tears.
posted by Stephanie @ 10:56 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At September 16, 2007 at 11:43 PM, Blogger linda said…

    Better to cry I think. Emotions are there to be felt and not denied. Sensitivity is a beautiful thing in a person. Although, when I am seriously unhappy I keep it all in until I am in the shower and can cry tears unseen. Big crying sessions are, for me, better done alone and unseen for those I live with would be unnerved by it. Hmmm, I sound like a person in crying denial.

     
  • At September 17, 2007 at 2:25 PM, Blogger Sharon said…

    I feel ya, sister! I was NOT an emotional person...until I had kids. That opened up the tear ducts, I guess. I had a similar day yesterday. Very emotional service, and I was very close to the obnoxious crying myself. Part of me just thought, "Why does it matter? just let it out!" and the other half was thinking "Would you just get a grip?!" :)

     
  • At September 17, 2007 at 3:34 PM, Blogger matt said…

    Don't cry when traveling through Mississippi. They'll probably laugh at you too.

     
  • At September 17, 2007 at 10:40 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    lol - I can still picture you crying during the Lion King. ;o)

    And I think Matt is mad at you.

     
  • At September 19, 2007 at 12:50 AM, Blogger matt said…

    No, nothing but love for Skittle. She's going to take me out on the town in Houston, she just doesn't know it yet.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com