Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Slip Covers. Are they the answer?
Sunday, September 9, 2007
Let me take a moment to describe to you my home. I moved out at 17, and much of what I own was given to me as hand-me-downs. My bed is my childhood bed, mattress too (eww!), my old roommmate left behind the coach set which is beige with pink and green flowers, my china cabinet was my grandmothers and is a dark wood, and my kitchen table was my aunts and uncles which is a light oak. Madi got new bunk beds a couple of years ago, but it didn't come with dressers, so one is from my nursery when I was a baby, and the other yet another roommate left behind. The guest room is the only thing that matches, and that is because being an apartment manager when someone moves out I get first dibs on the remains :)

Yesterday I drove to Atlanta and purchased my first "Big Girl Bed!" I am so very excited! I will be returning the childhood bed to my parents (and disposing of the 27 year old matress!). Of course, this new found style has made my desire of new living room and dining room furniture. Since I paid a whopping $1750 for my bedroom suit, there are no funds available for any other furniture replacements.

As I was shopping yesterday I decided to purchase slipcovers for my couches. I bought the slightly more expensive ones with the seperate seat so they would look at little better. Are you kidding me! Ha! Not a chance in this world those things fit my couch. I had about 2 yards of extra material, and no matter how much you try, you just cannot tuck 2 yards of material!!! :) So today I will be returning them. I may give it one more shot & get the stretching all in one cover, but after that forget it, I'm saving up for a new couch!

My opinion: The verdict is still out, but it's not looking good!

Labels:

posted by Stephanie @ 10:24 AM  
6 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com