Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Moving Up
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
I want to know why I don't have a camera crew following me around as I look for a home...

After looking through several listings I narrowed my search to 2 houses I wanted to tour today. The one I posted a few blogs ago & one my realtor sent me. After looking at the specs, I actually was kinda leaning toward the second one. I had an apt. with my realtor to view them at 4:30 today. So at 2:30, Brian calls me to tell me that the 2nd home was pulled from the market today...Are you kidding me?! So I settle for looking at house number one only. The location of this house is perfect! It sits on 1.08 acres and is 3 (or 4) bedrooms & 2 baths, hardwood floors, slate counter tops, and a beautiful fenced in back yard. This is my attempt at the floor plan which is kinda odd!



After looking at the house, Brian and I searched the mls listings together & found several more options. This leads me to a very important question.

Would you buy a house that was ugly on the outside for what's inside?

The absolute ugliest house in Macon met the criteria I was searching & when we pulled it up, it is perfect inside! It is 4 bedroom, 3 bath with awesome master suite, playroom, and unfinished basement. The colors are very contemporary & they have the tile backsplash in the kitchen that I love. The living room has exposed beams in the ceiling and the master suite has an exposed brick wall. It is 1,800 sq feet & on a great side of town. It is in the same price range as the smaller houses I have been looking at, and has so much more to offer. Do you want to see a picture?



See...I told you it was ugly :) But check out the kitchen...(I just love the tiled wall!...not so much the vinyl floor)



So, could you get past the exterior? I think I could, but I'm not sure about Damian. And I would forever be giving directions as "take a left, go down about...we are the ugly house on the right." :)

Labels:

posted by Stephanie @ 7:47 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At August 28, 2007 at 9:56 PM, Blogger hotroxboggsy said…

    Girl, all I ask is that you call the power company and/or gas company to see what the past average bills were monthly... Believe me it might be cute on the inside but it won't be too cute if you are getting hundreds of dollars in bills... I know from experience! Love the kitchen though!

     
  • At August 28, 2007 at 10:41 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    I could get past the outside if the inside was just perfect. But if you aren't proud of your home, you won't be satisfied for long...

     
  • At August 29, 2007 at 11:19 AM, Blogger hotroxboggsy said…

    I agree with your sis! Anyways, I have a friend I went to high school with that is selling her house. I will get back to you with all the details. Its 3br and thats all I really know right now. She is going to email me some pics and all the rest of the info tonight or tomorrow. Oh and its off Heath Rd so maybe you won't have to take Madi out of her school.

     
  • At August 29, 2007 at 11:30 PM, Blogger joen05 said…

    Yeah I agree with mandypoo, you really have to be happy with your house to be satisfied. Not to say that a nice interior won't make you happy. It's whats on the inside that counts right?

    On another note, I just did a little feature on your blog on my blog.. let me know if you want anything else added!

     
  • At August 30, 2007 at 12:07 PM, Blogger Becca said…

    With a little work the outside could be quite nice - paint the non brick side a different color and do something with the landscaping. You won't be living on the front lawn, so it is far more important that you love the inside - and sometimes you can get a better price on something without curb appeal.

     
  • At August 30, 2007 at 6:58 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Rebecca & Joen: Damian and I had the discussion last night & totally agree with your comments. With a differnt paint color & some better landscaping the outside would be more presentable, and the interior is by far more important.

    I'll keep everyone updated on the continued house hunt!

     
  • At September 4, 2007 at 7:20 AM, Blogger linda said…

    Hi, your blog is has been a good read. As for this house, well I could ignore everything with those divine trees all around it - just beautiful. You know the deal anyway - better to have the worst house in the best street.....

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com