Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Yes, my daughter is spoiled, and yes I was too!
Monday, August 27, 2007
I touched on this slightly in my last blog. I am a single parent to a 9 year old little girl. Everything she has ever gotten has been from me or my family. It has taken us years to reach this point. I was working as a receptionist making $7/hour when Madi was born. We had NOTHING! Over the years that has gradually changed. My current job however, has allowed us to have more than we've ever had in the past. I have made a point not to overdo it...but, I also know I can't take it with me when I die, so I'd rather spend it where Madi can enjoy it, and I can enjoy her enjoying it!

She is also an only child, which means I have only 1 birthday a year to buy for & only 1 child at Christmas to go all out on. When there is only 1 child there is more money to spend on that child. But I can promise you, if you asked Madi if she would give up her Wii, motorcycle, PS2...whatever, for a brother or sister, she would do it in a heartbeat! Unfortunately, I can't provide that for her now. As a result, I have more money to spend on her. (As a result, not as a replacement)

So when my child is blessed with an awesome gift, must I be immediately be guilted by others who cannot or choose not to afford these things for themselves or their families.

My pastor often says we are so good at crying with our friends when they are mourning, but do we celebrate with them when life is good for them? I'm sure I've missed the mark myself...but I have made it a point to be aware of this.

My advice? Be a good friend, celebrate with your friends! Chances are we will share the Wii with you anyway!

Labels: ,

posted by Stephanie @ 9:50 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At August 27, 2007 at 10:26 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Madi already shared the Wii with me (and mostly JM) more than she probably wanted to...lol. "If you lose this match, I'm taking the control back." HA HA!

     
  • At August 27, 2007 at 10:28 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I know...he's so mean! You should get him one

     
  • At August 28, 2007 at 1:09 PM, Blogger Daszzle said…

    This was an excellent post. It expressed your beliefs without being mean back to those who it sounds like were mean to you in light of the way you are able to provide for your child. I totally agree with your standpoint.

    As a side note: How did you make that really cool tag/link for your blog? You have a few of them on the left hand column for other blogs and I would love to create one for my own.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com