Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Attack of the Cucaracha!
Monday, September 3, 2007
We have this serious problem with cockroaches right now! Everyone on this side of town is complaining, but as the apartment manager you can imagine I get to hear most of the complaints. But based on the amount of complaints lately I have decided that my apartment must be the worst! It's so gross. (First let me say these are the "Wood Roaches" according to my pest control guy, and come inside because of the ridiculous heat in GA right now. They do not have anything to do with the cleanliness of your house, because I do not keep a nasty house!)

Tonight I'm sitting on my toosh watching t.v. (waiting for The Hills), and talking on the phone with Damian, and I see this movement out of the corner of my eye. Yes there is a 3 inch cochroach crawling across my ceiling! So I scream! (In Damian's ear) then I run to the kitchen and get the can of Raid...which is empty! Are you kidding me!?! So I get the flea spray. It takes like half the bottle & 15 minutes before he finally lets go of the ceiling falling to the floor, which evokes another scream from me (yep, still in Damian's ear). So I get my tennis shoes on (can't take a chance of the roach crawling on my foot with flip flops on) but I can't bring myself to stomp him! Not because I care about the creature, but because he's a creature! Ugh! So Damian has the bright idea that I should throw a papertowel over him & then stomp him so there is no chance of him crawling on me. Brilliant! So I do just that, and when I stomp, the beast runs out from under the papertowel, evoking yet one more scream! (At which point Damian decides our conversation should be over before he goes deaf) This last scream wakes my 9 year old daughter who walks into the living room & goes "Mom, what are you screaming about?!" So I say..."Good, your up! Will you kill this roach!" (Not what you were expecting, huh?) And she does! ;) Yes, I know I should be ashamed of myself!



This experience reminds me of an even more horrible experience of this weekend. I worked Saturday because I am training my new girl, Sarah. We had a surprise move in. I didn't know it was scheduled, and I knew the apartment she was moving into was covered in dead roaches (I told you we have a roach problem), so I tell Sarah we have to find a way to distract the lady & get the roaches up. As soon as I open the door a roach goes scurrying across the floor. So Sarah, stands in the corner, trying to hide him from the resident as I go to the back and begin sweeping up dead roaches. Suddenly I hear a scream, and I know it's not Sarah, then within a second Sarah comes around the corner....pale! Apparently she tried to step on the roach so the lady didn't see it, and suddenly realized she can't find him anymore. Then a few seconds later she feels him CRAWLING UP HER LEG! She freaks & shakes her pants leg until he falls out. So the scream was from Sarah? Nope! She was a trooper! The scream was from the lady moving in's granddaughter who saw the roach fall out of Sarah's pants!

Sarah is officially my hero, because I would have dropped my pants in 1.3 seconds....showing thong & all! She says the only reason she didn't is because it was her 2nd day on the job & she was trying to act professional. I would have lost my job that day!

Labels:

posted by Stephanie @ 9:59 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At September 4, 2007 at 9:16 AM, Blogger Mandy said…

    OMG - these stories are just as good as my silly roach story. I'm glad I'm not the only one in the family who got a roach phobia growing up!!! And do you remember what happened to me in the kitchen??? Probably not, so let me remind you. It is very similar to Sarah's story, which is my main reason for having the roach phobia. I was standing in Mom's kitchen, flipping pancakes, and a roach crawls out from the vent that is just below the trash compactor/sink/that side of the bar, and straight up my blue jeans pants leg. YEP, you guessed it. I was out of those pants in a half a second flat. EWWWWWWWW. I nearly died that day.

     
  • At September 4, 2007 at 1:46 PM, Blogger hotroxboggsy said…

    Sarah told me about this and I am with you... my pants would have been OFF! SCARY! The tat idea is grand, mainly because I want to get stars as well. I want mine behind one of my ears and going down towards the back of my neck. Not really big ones like that though... and I want initials of Sadie and of Josh in two of the stars. Maybe we should go together to get them!

     
  • At September 4, 2007 at 2:14 PM, Blogger Heather @ thedomesticdiva.org said…

    ROFL. We have a sugar ant problem at our house. No matter how many times we get the landlord to call the exterminator the little buggers just won't leave! Its insane. One bug man told me it is because they are looking for water. Can't I just leave a glass of water for them OUTSIDE?

     
  • At September 4, 2007 at 4:56 PM, Blogger Becca said…

    Hysterical! Your stories remind me of my first Manhattan apartment... I lived on the 5th Floor so I could never quite figure out why they wouldn't want to invade the apartments closer to the ground. But the first time I saw a 3 inch roach running across my living room, I screamed loud enough for the neighbors to come running!

    I agree - it has nothing to do with the cleanliness of the apartment - I've yet to see a NYC apartment without the occassional roach.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com