Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Pity Party Alert!
Thursday, August 30, 2007
You have been warned! This post is nothing but a complaint, because sometimes you just need to vent! (and if you are still reading by the end of my rant feel free to comment)

I'm good at my job...I'm really good at my job. That's not being prideful, it's knowing I found something I'm good at, and I'm doing. I know I'm good because we are tested & I have the highest scores in my entire region...and my everyday numbers show it. I have taken an apartment community that was struggling, and things are turning around. We are 94% leased, and we no longer have the bad reputation we once had. So 3 or 4 months ago when my boss came to me & said "we have a new property in Atlanta, and I want you to transfer there" I was all over it! I was excited about the opportunity to move up. Fast forward, fast forward...I turn down the Atl position for an even better opportunity (still within the company). Fast forward....

My regional manager comes to me just over a month ago & tells me "she thinks it's too early to pull me from my property, and that for now it would be better not to move me." In a 2 month period I had turned down several positions or opportunities (in and out of the company) based on her word I would be receiving a position with a new property being built. Needless to say I was pissed!

So a week later, a scenario changes and an employee of mine is given a raise (from my regional) which puts his salary above mine. Now this beyond pisses me off! No way will I be the fall guy & you make more money than me. No way am I the guy in charge & you make more money than me. No way do I have to work overtime & not get paid for it when you get time & a half on a wage higher than mine!

And to top off the money issue, we recently got a very nice bonus (which I am very blessed to have, and I really do recognize that), of 4 weeks pay, which means the employee whose salary is more than mine...yep, he got more than me. I don't want you to think it is completely about the money...(it is partially about the money, I worked for it) but it's largely about the principle of the matter. I worked for a long time to get us where we are, and he just joined the company 3 months ago.

So I call my regional to set up a meeting with her. So as of today, she has yet meet with me. She visits the other 8 properties regularly & hasn't been to my property (less than 2 miles from the new property which she visits weekly). Hardly returns my calls & only does that when she needs help with something (because I am a billion times more computer literate than her), and will say "I know we still need to talk...but can you help me with something"

Today, I hear she is in town (at the other property of course), so I show up. What does she do? Tuck her tail and run. She seriously goes "well, we were just walking out to go to lunch...are you ready Sue?" I am just so tired of her avoiding me (which is obviously very professional). She made the decision to screw me over & now she can't look me in the eye. The crazy thing is...she really doesn't know what I want to meet with her about, so it has to be her conscience getting to her as to why she is avoiding me. (It ought to be anyway.)

Okay, I feel a little better...but since I have been bottling most of this up for over a month, I'm still pretty pissed!

Labels:

posted by Stephanie @ 6:58 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At August 30, 2007 at 10:38 PM, Blogger hotroxboggsy said…

    I love you! Everthing that comes around, goes around. Muah!

     
  • At August 31, 2007 at 6:41 AM, Blogger whatagem said…

    THREE MONTHS??? That's absurd!

    (I'm back baby! I'll have pics of husband's stitches soon if you can stomach it--not bad, looks real good and clean)

     
  • At August 31, 2007 at 8:26 AM, Blogger Paper Fan Club said…

    Hi Skittle! I found you through joen05's post... great blog.

    That sucks that you're being treated this way, and the boss' avoidance is the icing on the cake. I agree that money is not everything, but it is always better when it's not a nagging issue. Hope it all works out.

     
  • At August 31, 2007 at 9:04 AM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Where is her office? Can't you stop by hers...or is it out of town?

     
  • At August 31, 2007 at 12:33 PM, Blogger Daszzle said…

    So completely uncool! Plus, not to go all feminist but really, do you think it has to do with the male vs. female aspect of the business world?

    Either way, totally sorry, and you should definitely screw their future offers if they seem like they're headed for more of the same and do whatever is best for you.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com