Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Wow! Thanks for the many responses!
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Okay, part of me expected a large response on my last post, but maybe not quite the response I got. Thank you to every one for your advise, opinions support and even compliments (Thanks Gina!)

The decision on if I will go on this road trip will be solely up to Damian. Me going is a concern of his, but he has not made a decision as to whether or not I will go. We have heard advice each way, and everything we have heard is well thought out with well intent. Thank you!

I want to break down what I know. Mississippi and Alabama (much like Georgia) is a southern state, which was one of the last few to embrace the equality of both black and white Americans. Unfortunately, the few bad ones give the rest of us a good name. I am in no way insinuating that all residents of Mississippi and Alabama are racist people. Far from it. If Damian had stuck to his original impression of people in Georgia he never would have been open to meeting me. There are many of us in the Bible Belt who are open to equality.

That being said, the most recent stories of "physical harm" involving racial anger has taken place in and around the states we will be traveling through. I do not want to forever tiptoe around other peoples feelings (although, I do know I will forever be made aware of them). I don't want to continue to alter my life. I know that by choosing to be in a bi-racial relationship I have chosen to alter my life to an extent. I guess missing out on a roadtrip is not an alteration that I wanted to make.

I will keep you updated!

Labels:

posted by Stephanie @ 6:23 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At September 13, 2007 at 6:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    well spoken. thanks for the comment and being open and honest. just be careful, be mindful, and aware of your surrounding.
    its that attitude and outlook that will change the world.
    God Bless you.

     
  • At September 14, 2007 at 3:36 PM, Blogger Sharon said…

    Whatever you both decide, hang tough. There are a lot of good people in the world, but the bad ones get all the attention. :) I pray you only come across the good ones.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com