Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Please Pray
Monday, October 29, 2007
As most of you know I have skin cancer on my breast which will have to be removed soon (still waiting on a surgery date from the doctor). Last night as I was getting into the shower I found another lump on the same breast. The doctor has said my skin cancer has not spread, but has done no tests to confirm this. Now I am worried. I am trying to get an appt for a sonagram or mammogram or whatever I can get today, so I will keep you posted. Skin cancer I can deal with...breast cancer, I'm not ready for. Please pray that this lump is nothing.

Oh, and Mandy, I haven't told mom yet, so please don't. I'll call her this afternoon probably.

//Edit//

I went to the doctor today. There is definately an addition to my breast (in the words of the Diva). I have an appointment on Thursday for an ultrasound. Because of its location it is quite possible that the skin cancer has spread through a milk duct, but also just as likely it is nothing more than a cyst. I'll just be happy to know. Though apparently Damian was right before, and I must be in denial, because this still doesn't bother me like it is my family.

Labels:

posted by Stephanie @ 9:59 PM  
13 Comments:
  • At October 29, 2007 at 10:47 AM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Like I told you on the phone...if no-one calls you back by lunch, pick one of your doctors and SHOW UP. They will fit you in. And MAKE them schedule you an apt. for a sonogram/mammogram or whatever. If they want to play with someone's life tell them to take a walk in the street. That may be rude, but I don't care. If you really want to put the fear of God in them, tell them your 8-month pregnant, hormonal sister will pay them an office visit if need be.

     
  • At October 29, 2007 at 12:18 PM, Blogger Boss Lady said…

    Listen to your sister Skittle! Be in charge and make them see you! And don't apologize, it's their job!

     
  • At October 29, 2007 at 12:21 PM, Blogger Heather @ thedomesticdiva.org said…

    praying for you chicky. Ha ha, mandy you are funny.

    If it makes you feel any better, I had a lump in my right breast. After several "scares" that doctors thought that it may be something serious they finally scheduled me an ultrasound and during the ultrasound they couldn't find anything. One doctor thought that it was just a cyst due to too much caffeine. I have the cyst still but it does not hurt anymore. I told the lady at the ultrasound place that if I end up with breast cancer that I was going to come after her.

    Hope it is nothing serious, just a pain in the neck cyst or something. The way they get rid of cysts is they stick a huge needle in your boobie tube and drain it. I told them, uh no thanks I'll just live with the new addition and cut back on the caffeine.

    Prayers coming your way. I'm sure you will be ok. Good luck!

     
  • At October 29, 2007 at 5:47 PM, Blogger Rahul said…

    Why do doctors always say, dont worry it nothing? ..

    Um, hello its something.

    I hate that about them.

    Hope everything goes well!

     
  • At October 29, 2007 at 9:24 PM, Blogger Shana said…

    Praying for you! I know you must be worried. And your sis is right, don't let them give you the run around. Go get 'em Mandy...lol!!!

     
  • At October 30, 2007 at 10:04 AM, Blogger hotroxboggsy said…

    I love you, darling! You will get through all this just fine. How is Damian holding up? Usually its the others that worry about us, rather than ourselves. I don't know if thats a good thing?? I'm guilty of that as well. You're a mommy and we tend to think of others first!
    I will be praying for you.
    LOVE YOU!!!!

     
  • At October 30, 2007 at 2:43 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Glad to know you got an apt. - you must have warned them that I'd be stopping by...lol!

     
  • At October 30, 2007 at 2:57 PM, Blogger Sharon said…

    HUG!! I will be praying for you.

     
  • At October 30, 2007 at 11:09 PM, Blogger linda said…

    Even though I am over the other side of the world - I am sending good thoughts over your way.

     
  • At October 31, 2007 at 11:34 AM, Blogger Skryker said…

    Hugs and good vibes headed your way.

    I hope it's a harmless cyst.

     
  • At November 1, 2007 at 6:54 PM, Blogger Daszzle said…

    I'll be praying for you! I know that scary feeling... been there done that right... but honestly I hope this all turns out for the best. (hugs)

     
  • At November 2, 2007 at 3:25 PM, Blogger Boss Lady said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At November 2, 2007 at 3:28 PM, Blogger Boss Lady said…

    Because it's not bothering you like it does your family does not mean you're in denial. I believe you have a peace because you know God is going to take care of you. And this, what is happening to you right now, is a part of a big plan. We'll see soon.
    You continue to be in my prayers my brave friend.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com