Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Second Life
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Have you ever heard of this? Second Life? It is supposedly the new way of life. I just signed up, but I know very little. My understanding is that you create an avatar, and you do life. (Maybe somewhat like Sims) People are setting up business conferences, study groups, and even concerts this way.

My friend Boss Lady will appreciate that recently Bon Jovi performed a concert in Second Life. Each member created an avatar, and set up "equipment" in one of the court yards, with their instruments connected to the computer they performed live for all Second Life members. Afterwards, other members were welcome to "shake hands" with Bon Jovi.

Another very cool story...a couple from England are both fans of Second Life. Their 20 year anniversary was coming up so the husband along with several of their friends rented a ballroom, decorated and set up for a party, and created his wife a beautiful dress. He left her a note to log on at a certain time, and they had an Anniversary party. They danced together for the first time in almost 20 years because 2 months after they married she was paralyzed in a car accident.

And more practically, my friends son has set up a study group where each night they come home and divide up the homework and get it all done. It's networking.

I have just created an avatar. My Second Life Name is "Skittles Latte" You can create your first name and must choose from their large list of last names. You can do business, earn and spend money, open a business, buy and sell land, and even apply for credit.

This just may be the future! See you there!

Labels:

posted by Stephanie @ 10:37 AM  
4 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com