Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
I caught the bouquet!!
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Damian, Madi and I went to the wedding of two dear friends of ours yesterday. It was so beautiful! Everything was perfect, perfect in the sense that everything was just as it should be without being too stiff and formal. I'm very excited for these two, but I have to say for the 2nd time in the last week or so, I heard the most irritating thing. As we were standing around the bride and groom for their first dance, they were just grinning from ear to ear staring at each other. There were 2 women about 50ish and 60ish standing behind D and I talking, and one goes "Just look how he smiles at her." and the other one (I kid you not) goes "give 'em a year."

What!?!

OMG!?!

Are we in the same place?!!

Did we not come to this wedding to join the couple in celebrating their marriage? How could you say such a thing? This very same nonsense was all over the news last week after Jay-Z and Beyonce's surprise wedding. "How long will it last?" "Did they sign a pre-nup?" ... Hip Hop's hottest couple pulled off a surprise wedding, and all you have to report is will it last? Just sad!

Well I for one, still believe in the purity of marriage, and belief that marriages can and should last forever. And that is exactly why I had to take the other girls out and catch the bouquet!

Labels:

posted by Stephanie @ 2:25 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At April 14, 2008 at 3:15 PM, Blogger Courtney said…

    Ok the comment was sad and disturbing. My hubby and I have been married 3 years and he still looks at me "that way." A disturbing society we live in.

    I read your other posts and I hope a congratulations will be in order soon!

     
  • At April 16, 2008 at 2:52 PM, Blogger prin said…

    I think marriage should be forever too, but sometimes, from the outside, you can see the end before it even starts. It's sad, but it's true.

    A friend of mine got married and her hubby may have been "beaming" but you could also see the fear and regret in his eyes too. *shrug*

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com