Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Oh No She Di-N
Monday, March 17, 2008
I got in touch with the HR lady with my old company today. I asked her had they looked into my termination and made a decision. Her response (and I'm paraphrasing): After review, I found we have had several similiar situations in the past where an employee employed a relative or friend in a situation where they were responsible for reviewing invoices or time cards, and all were handled in the same manner as your termination. So we do not feel you were terminated wrongfully.

I said "Really?!?" (with sarcasm) "And the situation in Warner Robins where the manager is employing her brother-in-law?" She said she couldn't discuss other people with me, as she wouldn't discuss me with others.

So I closed the conversation by saying, I would like a copy of the Operations Manual where this "company policy" is supposedly written, and a copy of the documents where I signed saying I received an Operations Manual (because the only manual I signed in receipt of is a "Policy Manual" which doesn't list it as a policy.) I also told her, she would hear more from me. (In the form of a law suit, but she doesn't know that.)

And then she said....(and I quote; no paraphrase here) "If there is anything else we can help you with during this transition, let us know." ARE YOU SERIOUS!?! You fired me on bogus grounds, refuse to look into it. And then offer to help me during my "transition." She better be glad that conversation took place across state lines, because I was just pissed enough to do something stupid at that moment!

Immediately after hanging up the phone, I downloaded the EEOC form to file a claim, filled it out and stuck it in the mail to the Atlanta Office. Oh...she'll defininately be hearing from me!

Labels: ,

posted by Stephanie @ 5:46 PM  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com