Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
The Clock is Ticking!
Tuesday, March 11, 2008

We'll time is almost up for my old company to make a decision. Thursday will be 3 weeks since I spoke with Human Resources for my old company. Remember, I told her I would follow up with her in 3 weeks because I thought that was plenty of time for her to investigate my termination and make a decision as far as wrongful termination and discrimination. As of today, my old boss still has a job, which tells me one of two things. Either they haven't bothered to look into the situation, or they aren't going to.

I have already talked with the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) who has said based on my information I have grounds for a claim. This doesn't mean I will win the claim. Filing a discrimination suit is different than just filing a law suit. In State and Federal Court, any one call file suit against anyone (or thing for that matter). If the suit is frivolous, then it is dismissed, or a ruling for the defendant is given. But to file a discrimination suit, you first have to file a claim with the EEOC, and then file suit. But you have to basically have permission to file a claim. If I don't like the answers I get from HR on Thursday, then I will file a claim on Friday.

I haven't told them I was going to file a claim, because my intentions are not to sound threatening. My intention is to resolve this outside of court. If that can't be done, then I will have no choice but to use the court system for what it is for...justice.

Labels: , ,

posted by Stephanie @ 10:31 PM  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com