Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Who Are These People, and How Are They Related To Me?
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
My cousin is in town from Texas this week. Since I'm not working, I've been able to spend the days with her. Today, we both went to our grandparents house for lunch. When I got there, my cousin answered the door. She said my grandparents were in the back fixing my grandpa's hair. I thought maybe he needed a quick trim or something...Nope. She was combing his hair. Apparently she combs his hair everyday. My cousin's response..."Y'all are funny." I believe that was the understatement of the day.

Now when my Nana was alive, she did an awful lot for my grandpa...so much in fact that the family really had to step up when she died. She cooked his meals, laid out his medications, ironed and set out his clothes, etc. But she NEVER combed his hair if she wasn't cutting it. Nope, I'm pretty sure she would have informed him that he had 2 perfectly good hands.

Papa and my stepgrandma (who I love) are hilarious though. They dress alike. She clips his fingernails (something else I learned today). They go everywhere together, and sometimes that is just awkward (like when he is the only man at a baby shower). They are good for each other...and great for me when I need a laugh!

Labels:

posted by Stephanie @ 10:28 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At June 12, 2008 at 9:29 AM, Blogger Courtney said…

    This is too funny. I'll bet it is awkward for him to be the only man at the baby shower.

     
  • At June 13, 2008 at 8:57 AM, Blogger Mandy said…

    lol -- I can't believe she combs his hair! I didn't even know that!!! But I can believe it...sadly.

    And if John Marc asked me to comb his hair every day - let's just say he has another think coming...

    And Courtney - no, he doesn't care that he's the only man!

     
  • At June 19, 2008 at 3:41 AM, Blogger prin said…

    lol!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com