Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
School Yard Drama!
Friday, September 19, 2008
Madi aka Little Skittle is adjusting to the move, the new school and 5th grade well, though I did have to bail her out of a project the day after it was due. We are definately having issues with that "pre-teen" attitude, and has recently discovered she is NOT too old for a good ole spankin!

A lesson, she taught the 12 year old boy up the road this week to, when she punched him in the face. I got on to her immediately, took her inside and grounded her. Within 10 minutes I had calls from other parents and adults calling to make sure I had heard the "whole" story. Yes, she did hit him first, yes he hit her back, and yes, she hit him again. (Madison - 2/Ian - 1) But from the story I have heard, this young man thought he should get on his bike and run Madi and her friend off the side walk (while riding their bikes) and then taunt them, a game he likes to play often. Monday, Madi had just had enough...so she slugged him. She did get in trouble because she is not supposed to hit anyone unless they hit her first, and technically, he didn't harm her. Now, had she gotten hurt when he ran her off the sidewalk...then GAME ON MADI! Kick his butt!

Plus I feel you should know the history on this brat! When we first moved my employees introduced Madi to Ian so she could have some friends. Within a few days I knew I didn't like him. He is a short version of the "been there, done that" guy. Meaning, he has done or knows someone who has done it all. He can top any story, and puts Pinochio to shame! I told Ian if he lied in my house again, he wasn't welcome back. Less than a week later, he was banned from my house, BUT I let Madison make the decision on whether she would be his friend or not. It took about 3 or 4 more weeks before she decided that he was "some-timy" "wishy-washy" "moody" "a liar" and flat out "mean"! She decided not to play with him anymore.

I cannot begin to tell you how bad this crawled his skin. He then took out a personal vendeta against her, being as mean as he possibly could, and trying to turn the other neighborhood kids against her. FAILURE! One by one each of the other kids has decided that they don't like his attitude and meanness either. So his posse has dwindled to the new kid who moved in 2 weeks ago. So he and this new kid do their best to annoy the 10 others who have mastered the art of ignorning them and walking away.

So I did my job as the parent. I let her make her own decision in choosing friends. I let her learn that her decisions aren't always the right ones, and I punished her for doing wrong. What I didn't do is show her how proud of her I am that as a 10 year old girl she could have kicked that 12 year old boy who out weighs her by at least 40 lbs, butt! I think it's funny that he pushed her too far, and I bet he'll think twice before he decides to bully someone who refuses to be bullied.

P.S. As a personal note to Ian's mom. You have done him no favor by pretending he can do no wrong. You've done him no justice babying him. He needs a man figure to show him how to be a man. Why do you think he acts out? Because he thinks that is being a man. I know you aren't married. Neither am I, but that's no excuse. Take him to church, but him on a ball team, let your family fill that role, but you better let a man show him how to be a man, or he just may never become one.

Labels:

posted by Stephanie @ 1:26 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At September 21, 2008 at 6:42 PM, Blogger prin said…

    She's allowed to hit back? Is that like a written rule or an unspoken one?

    I'm glad you handled it and I'm glad karma's showing that little bugger about flies and honey...

     
  • At September 22, 2008 at 9:31 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Oh no, it's a spoken rule. If someone hits you...hit them back! (Unless you are at school! Don't hit back at school, wait til you get home, then hit them back.)

     
  • At September 29, 2008 at 9:16 AM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Eli will most definitely be allowed to hit back. In fact, if someone is being ugly enough, go ahead and throw the first punch, lol. (Just kidding about that last part...)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com