Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Madness!!! Where is the method?
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
I had a high school teacher once, my trig teacher actually, who used to always tell us to show our work, because even if we got the answer wrong, if she could see a method to our madness we would still get some points. Since then, I have always tried to live by that philosophy. When I do not see eye to eye with something, I try to look for the method behind the madness so that I might understand...at least a little!

So when Heritage changed the dismissal procedure for students this year, the result is just that...MADNESS! Heritage is somewhat different than the majority of the Bibb County Schools in that 75% of the student do NOT ride the bus; their parents take them to school and pick them up. This makes for a ridiculous car pool line! The only saving grace behind the 30 minute car pool line is parking & walking in...which is also a chore, since parking is very limited, but less time consuming. So you figure with 60% going through the car pool line & 40% parking and going in, it somewhat balances out. The result? Madness...but there is a method.

So this year someone decided to erase the method. No more parking & going in! Let's make the carpool line 50 minutes instead of 30! Let's watch the line form a mile and a half down the street, and those parents who do park...let's make them stand outside in the heat until 30 minutes after school is dismissed before we call their children. The result? Madness....nope, no method...just madness!

So as a working parent I am forced into a dilema. First, we live 3/4 a mile from the school, but it is a major highway, so for Madi to walk home is not an option. Second, there is the big cheese. The problem with that is we have the most unreliable driver EVER! I have tried my hardest to get this woman fired, to no avail. School starts at 8:45 a.m. so if we live 3/4 mile from school why does the bus pick up at 7:40 a.m.? School ends at 3:15 p.m. so why does Madison not get home until 5:00p..m.? Really, it makes no sense. The third option is the old car pool lane. Am I really going to have to take my hour lunch everyday from 3:15 to 4:15 to pick Madison up 2 minutes down the road?

All this to say, I have decided to complain would do no good. I am sure that with a school of 900 students, someone has already thought to do that. But to complain & offer a solution...see that would be different.

So here is my challenge:

How do you dismiss 650 students in orderly but quick fashion?

Labels: ,

posted by Stephanie @ 6:07 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At August 7, 2007 at 7:09 PM, Blogger Heather @ thedomesticdiva.org said…

    you got me on that one. Remember I graduated from a school that consisted of 200 students total.

    Good luck though. Hope you find a better solution to the madness.

     
  • At August 7, 2007 at 8:48 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    They should make more parking spaces and allow you to go in and pick her up again...in a perfect world. :o)

    BUT, thinking more logically - is there someone Madi can ride home with? Maybe you could take them to school and have someone else pick them up...?

     
  • At August 8, 2007 at 2:17 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    All has been considered. My neighbor took her last year, but with her youngest now school age, her car is full :(

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com