Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Big Times in Macon, GA
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Join the Kazoo Festival and Break a World Record
9/27/2007 -9/27/2007
7:30 PM -7:30 PM
Kazoo craziness took over Luther Williams Field Thursday night, as Macon tried to break a world record. The crowds came out in full force, with their eyes on the prize. The prize, being a spot in the guiness book of world records, for the world's largest kazoo ensemble.

"Well, there's no more fitting place for us to break the world record than where the kazoo was made. Where Otis Redding was born, and many other great musicians." - Jimmy Lowery, Kazooist. They kazooed "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" for five straight minutes, with "world record authenticators" standing by, to make sure the crowd was playing by the rules. "The last time I played a kazoo before today - I have been practicing - but it's been several years ago." - Robert Reichert, Mayoral Candidate

The grand finale even included fireworks, but what it didn't include, was a world record. Fair officials estimate there were about 2,000 people out there, but we needed at least 2700 to break the record. That record was set last New Year's Eve, in Rochester, New York, when 2,679 people came together to do a little kazooing.

Yes, I was there! :) And once I have the opportunity to watch all the news channels I'll post any video I may happen to appear on. (Until then, here is a video with no close up of me!)Oh, but it gets better...

CBS Early Show Comes to Macon
9/28/2007 -9/28/2007
6:30 AM -9:30 AM
Come out and join Dave Price and the CBS Early Show in Macon. 13WMAZ wants you at Central City Park to join in on a one mile community walk. The CBS Early Show will air between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. and the community walk will begin during the 8 a.m. hour.

Yep, gonna get up early and try to make that too! :) You should watch, maybe you'll see me! I can be quite the camera hog!

Labels: , , ,

posted by Stephanie @ 11:39 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At September 28, 2007 at 9:04 AM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Actually, they said on the news this morning that we were only about 200 short of the record...oh well...Maybe that camera guy you flirted with will put us on TV somewhere!

    And all my dreams have now been fulfilled, as I have now seen Dave Price in person...lol. :o)

     
  • At September 28, 2007 at 9:23 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I know...me too! Actually I wanted to ask him about CBS firing Renee Silar, but I don't he would have answered me. I have big issues with that, and haven't been a faithful watcher since she left.

    I did hear that we were just short of the record. That sucks! I'm telling you, had they just closed down the park for 20 minutes, we would have beat it.

     
  • At September 28, 2007 at 2:31 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    I was wondering what happened to her -- they fired her??? I may have to strike.

     
  • At September 28, 2007 at 6:21 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Yes, I read it in my most recent issue of Health Magazine! Crazy huh? She had a double mascetomy too.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com