Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
She's only 9, and I'm already battling for her time!
Saturday, September 22, 2007
It drives my mom crazy that Madi went from staying with her every other weekend to almost never. Why? Because we now live in a neighborhood full of kids. She likes to be home. Well, now it's pissing me off too! Last Saturday my brother-in-law wanted to take her to some redneck festival, but what the heck she is all tomboy, so I told him, "Sure, she'll go with you." But NO Madi would rather stay home & play. I let her make the decision, but I told her I was dissapointed with her choice. 30 minutes after her choice the other kids had to go in, and she was stuck home alone. Yes, I was secretly smiling inside. Kids need to learn the hard way too!

So today I told Madi to get dressed, we are going to lunch and movie, and be home in plenty of time to still play. So she goes "Can Caleb or Gracie go too?" NO! No they cannot. Can WE just spend some time together...alone? and at that very moment I realized I am my mother!

So I go to the theater website & pull of the listings. I'm thinking we will go see Sydney White. Uh, excuse me?! Did you know that this "kids" movie is rated PG-13? What? Are you kidding me? The only 2 movies currently playing with a rating less than PG-13 are Mr. Bean's Holiday and Underdog. So I guess we will be seeing Mr. Bean's Holiday. (A review will follow later.)

Parenting Tip: www.Family.org has a review page for movies, video, tv shows, and even music. It's not one of those bashing reviews, but a very helpful review breaking things down to specifics on spiritual, sexual, and violent content. Listing the pros and cons of the movie without giving the movie away.

Labels: ,

posted by Stephanie @ 11:37 AM  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com