Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
I am Not Superwoman, I am Not Superwoman, I am Not...
Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Okay so I am repeating this over and over, because though I know I am not Superwoman, and could never be, I seem to have the really bad habit of trying to be. You would think I would be satisfied with the many jobs and responsibilities I have, without opening myself up to a few more...but NOOOOO. I believe this may be the one thing that bothers Damian about me more than anything else. He hates that I do this. He reminds me often that I am not Superwoman, nor Mother Theresa. I could be though...right? Not Superwoman, but Mother Theresa...she's human, so that is attaintable right?

So why am I bringing this up? Because there is an apartment community being built up the road from me by my company. The new manager is less than the brightest star in the sky. I really believe her elevator only goes up 10 of her 12 floors. Which means she isn't completely dumb, just not fit to run a property. Yet she has the job. So why does this effect me? Because every member of her staff have called me to complain. They don't feel they are in a position to say anything considering she is their boss, so they figure I should.

So I did :) And though it doesn't seem to have backfired on me, I seems to be about to backfire on one of the employees. (Ugh!) Now if you are a long time reader of my blog, you will remember I have had difficulty with my boss in the past. Well, she took everything I said and twisted it against one particular employee basically saying she is bad-mouthing and gossiping about the manager. This is partially the truth, the problem is, she wasn't doing it just to do it...she was asking for help, and she wasn't the only one.

Damian says I should have stayed out of it. My boss says I did the right thing by coming to her about it. But did I really?

And while I'm stating my case, let me specify why exactly I did get involved. 1)We share one of the employees 2)Because with some assistance the manager just might could do the job and 3)Because as frustrating as my company can be at times, I don't exactly want to see them fail.

I am Not Superwoman, I am Not Superwoman, I am Not Superwoman...

Labels:

posted by Stephanie @ 7:35 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At September 19, 2007 at 10:00 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    I know how you are...b/c I'm the same way...it's hard to just stay out of stuff. I probably would have done the same thing, but it probably would have been wiser to stay out of it...:o(

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com