Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Maybe I Give Up!
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Maybe not. Under any other circumstances I would have walked 6 months ago. But because the rest of my life rides on this relationship, I have to just deal with it.

Less than a year into our relationship, Damian decides he is moving to Texas to work. He absolutely hates Macon (a fact I have known since the day I met him), so he moved. The original plan: Madi and I would join him in May when she finished the school year. (He moved in November).

By the time March rolled around we had both decided that he would just return to Georgia rather than me moving to Texas. He was already contracted for work through the first of August, so I knew he wouldn't be returning until around mid August.

Well here it is, September 26th and homeboy isn't home yet. Until Saturday, the plan was that I would fly out on the 27th, and drive back with him. Well, that changed due to his housing here in Macon falling through. I have tried to be patient, I have tried to understand, but honestly I am tired of it. I have found him no less than 5 options for housing all under $500/mo. and in good neighborhoods, and even found him free housing for trade of painting and minor repairs. I understand he doesn't have "contracts" lined up in Georgia yet, but you would be amazed how it helps to get business when you are actually available to do the work. Very few people schedule to have their house or apartment painted three weeks in advance!

So I have told him, screw the road trip, it's more important for him to get here sooner, than for me to reschedule to take the trip with him. I don't have the luxury of rearranging my schedule everytime he changes his. I took Friday and Monday off & bought my plane ticket already, but I can exchange the ticket (Remember, Dad works for Delta) anytime in the next year, and I guess I'll just sit on my ass all day Friday and Monday.

I guess I am just so frustrated, because 11 months ago I imagined Damian and I would be married, and living in the same state by the end of summer. Instead we still live in different time zones, there is no talk of a ring, and I am just in a pissy mood!

Labels: ,

posted by Stephanie @ 1:38 PM  
8 Comments:
  • At September 26, 2007 at 3:24 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    So if he isn't coming home on Friday when is he coming home???

    And I understand the dynamics of your relationship are TOTALLY different from what I'm about to tell you, but remember...I dated John Marc for 7 1/2 years before we got married. It's not necessarily what I would have chosen, but good things come to those who wait! (And no, I don't think you'll be waiting 7 1/2 years). ;o)

    Besides that (and I know NOTHING, so don't try to read into this), but isn't it possible that he wants you to THINK he isn't thinking about a ring so that you will actually be surprised when you do get it???

     
  • At September 26, 2007 at 3:47 PM, Blogger whatagem said…

    Woof you got a lot of blogs going on! I guess I haven't been around much!

     
  • At September 26, 2007 at 7:53 PM, Blogger matt said…

    I think you should come to Texas anyways. The Braves are coming to town this weekend and I've got my tickets! And you can take me out to eat to that super nice restaurant in the aquarium. See ya soon!

     
  • At September 26, 2007 at 10:17 PM, Blogger joen05 said…

    Blagh, I understand what you're going through kinda. But from a guy's perspective, he might just be frustrated and scared that he can't control everything. That being said, he is just being a guy.. lol.

    And mandypoo might be right. I would do something like that. :-)

     
  • At September 27, 2007 at 7:42 AM, Blogger linda said…

    You should do what feels right for you. When you care for someone things are not always fair or right nor is there any guarantee things will do what they "should" do. So, in the end, it has to be what sits well with you and what you can deal with. Plus you may be having a bad day. Good luck.

     
  • At September 27, 2007 at 7:54 PM, Blogger hotroxboggsy said…

    I love you! I just read this cause my computer has been acting up. Anyways, I will be praying for you and I know that being patient is not for you... its not for me either! Keep your head up and he will be home soon!

     
  • At September 27, 2007 at 9:11 PM, Blogger Sharon said…

    All I want to say is ((((HUG)))) :)

     
  • At September 28, 2007 at 9:25 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    My attitude about this whole thing is not getting any better. In fact it has gotten quite worse. I cannot even carry on a conversation with Damian because the only thing crossing my mind right now is that I shoud be in Texas!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com