Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Are We Scared Yet?
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
When I was young, I used to love horror and suspense movies. I don't know when the downfall began, but these days episodes of CSI scare me! I remember sneaking in to see Candyman when I was 15, and now that I'm old enough to watch anything I want...I generally pass. Well, I used to. These days I don't always get a say so. Damian loves scary movies. In fact, for Valentines Day last year, we went to the movies, and the movie we wanted to see was sold out. Damian saw 'When a Stranger Calls' on the marquis, and goes "What is that one?" I say (and I quote) "That's the one where the previews give me nightmares." and he says "We'll take 2!" Thanks babe!

Really though, I think it all stems from my first house. I lived in a small 3 bedroom 2 bathroom mobile home (classy, I know) down a 1/2 mile dirt drive way. In the summer when the trees were full they would close up on each side of the drive shielding the sky. It was the kind of drive that you would see the young girl run down as she is running from the killer. You know when you want to say..."don't go there, no one will ever find you!" There were 6 houses down this drive, 2 were vacant, and the other 4 were spread out over 300 acres. We weren't exactly close.

I had several "scary" things happen while I lived there; the final one being me walking in on someone robbing my house. Luckily I got out safe, but they were never found. I moved the next day, and my parents bought the house from me. It's a rental now.

But my favorite scary moment (if you can really have a favorite scary moment) happened on a rainy night. It's only my favorite because of the hero that night. My mom was keeping my daughter that day. I had been at the grocery store, and was putting away groceries when a storm started brewing. I called my mom to check in, and she suggested I come stay with her since the storm was going to be a pretty bad one. I was just going to finish putting away the food, pack a quick bag, and I would be on my way. Unfortunately God was moving faster than me that day. The storm came up quicker than I could move, and the power went out. Just my luck...my cell phone was dead, no way to charge it, and my only house phone was a cordless.

I hurried to my car, and headed down the road. I got about 1/2 way up the drive way, and a tree had fallen across it. I had no idea what to do. I was raining buckets by this time, and lightening like crazy. The wind was blowing the trees all over the place. One had already fallen, and I was terrified another one would. I kept going back and forth between my house (checking to see if the power was on), the tree (trying to talk myself into getting out and trying to move it), and my front yard (because it was the only place away from all the trees). 45 minutes had passed, and I was terrified. I had no idea what to do, and no way to call anyone! I finally decided I had to move the tree. There was no other way out. I drove back up the drive way to the tree, and was surprised to see my mom's car parked on the other side of the tree. My mom was outside moving the broken pieces of tree in the rain and lightening! I was so proud of her. When he hadn't seen or heard from me, and knew I should have been on my way, she got scared. When she drove up to the tree, she knew that was the problem...and wasn't about to let it keep her from getting to me. I was so proud of her courage! I on the other hand froze. I did nothing.

What I learned that day, is you never know how someone will react in a scary situation, until you actually experience it.

The Mist by Stephen King is a movie based on just that theory. It's out in theaters today, and as soon as I'm off my meds and no longer having daily nightmares I will be visiting The Mist to watch the movie trailer, as well as surprising Damian with a scary movie. He deserves it, after weeks of caring for me.


Labels:

posted by Stephanie @ 9:53 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com