Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
I'm not 10!
Thursday, November 15, 2007
I had another surgery today. This was the worst surgery I have ever had! It was done by local anesthesia again, which means more shots in the boob. Only this time the doctor stuck the needle in an open wound. That was pleasant, let me tell you. I wasn't as strong this go around either. This time I cried. The surgery took a lot longer, and I actually heard the doctor cutting out the tissue. You would be amazed how close your breast is to your ear! Afterwards they did the whole burn my skin thing again. (I really hate that part), and then stitched pig skin over my wound. It is supposed to cover the wound to help keep infection out, and lessen the pain.

So here is where the title comes in. I say, he doc, how many stitches are you putting in? He says "just enough, but not too many" I laugh and say, you must be a parent because you mastered the art of avoiding answering the question. Then I say How big is the area, and he dodged that question too. Keep in mind this is the Resident, and not my actual doctor.

When we got home, Damian showed my neighbor the pictures (I let him take pictures). I haven't looked though, not even at the pictures. So Danielle is looking at the pictures, and I say how close to my nipple did he go? She starts to answer and Damian says "Danielle don't answer her questions..." Too late though, she had already told me that the doctor cut all the way up to my nipple, through the areola, all the way up to the nipple.

So what happens if they didn't get it all? Will I lose my nipple? Why is everyone avoiding telling me this stuff? It is my nipple, shouldn't I get a say in it? I guess I'll address it if it happens, but come on...stop babying me. I'm going to find out sooner or later!

Oh, and here is a blog survey? Would you want to see pictures of my surgery? I have pictures of the wound site after surgery 1 and surgery 2 so far? Would it be really gross to post those?

Labels: , , ,

posted by Stephanie @ 6:56 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At November 15, 2007 at 8:13 PM, Blogger Boss Lady said…

    Oh, sweetie! I'm sorry! You know my friend Rosabella said her plastic surgeon let her play with the silicone implants as she was picking them out! All that to say, plastic surgeons can do wonders, try not to worry too much about your boobs, (easy for me to say) I'm sure they're in good hands.

    I'm sorry. I couldn't resist.

    I love you my friend!

     
  • At November 15, 2007 at 11:56 PM, Blogger prin said…

    Omg! It's all so heartbreaking. :( Poor Skittle! How terrible. :(

    Honestly, I think the pics would be really gross, but at the same time, it's your story. Tell it how you want to tell it. We'll deal, which ever way you go. You're the one going through it all.

    I'm so sorry you have to go through all this. :( (hugs)

     
  • At November 16, 2007 at 8:52 AM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Okay first, lol at Boss Lady's comment...

    Secondly, we're just going to hope that they don't actually have to go back in and get anymore...then you won't have to worry about whether they take your nipple.

    And last, I, of course, do not want to see the photos, but should you choose to post them I'm sure you'll warn me ahead of time. :o)

    When do you want your hair straightened?

     
  • At November 16, 2007 at 9:06 AM, Blogger MomOf4 said…

    Wow, I can only imagine how difficult this has been for you. As someone who doesn't know you, my answer to your survey is this: If it helps you to deal with your surgery by putting the pictures out there, post away. Sometimes things we keep as "secrets" keep adding stress to our lives. Once we put things "out there" the stress lessons.

    P.S. My post for being grateful for good health is Day 8 (November 8th). I truly hope this is the last surgery you will ever have to have for this! I agree with Boss Lady that plastic surgeons can do wonders in this day and age!

     
  • At November 16, 2007 at 1:27 PM, Blogger Skryker said…

    I agree with the others-if you want to post the pics, you should.

    (hugs) I'm thinking of you and sending good vibes.

     
  • At November 16, 2007 at 3:33 PM, Blogger linda said…

    Post pics if you need to. This is all a very, very upsetting thing you are going through.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com