Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
The Smell of Burnt Flesh is Disgusting!
Monday, November 12, 2007
I had my first surgery this morning. Well, I use the term "morning" loosely. I was told to be there at 8:00 a.m. I got called back to the room at 8:30 a.m. (not too bad), and sat in a paper gown for an hour and a half before they even numbed the area (aside from the 2 times I had to re-dress to go to the bathroom down the hall). They didn't put me to sleep, they just did a local around the area. And once they gave me the series of shots in the boob (yes, it was a desirable as it sounds), it was another 45 minutes before the doctor actually did the surgery. The surgery only took about 10 to 15 minutes. Then I was told, "you might smell something strong, but you won't feel anything." And for the most part, I didn't. But since, they were leaving an open wound (meaning, there were no stitches, since they plan to fill this gaping hole with tissue from some other part of my body), they litterally burnt the skin around the wound to stop the bleeding. The smell was awful!

I'm not in terrible pain right now, but then again, I do have some pretty good drugs :) I could feel the local wearing off a while ago. You know how it stings when you cut yourself, well, that's what it feel like...but it stings a lot.

We should know tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday morning if they were able to get all of the cancer. If so, then I will go for plastics on Wednesday. If not, then I will go back for this procedure again on Wednesday and plastics on Friday. They are going to actually put me under for plastics!

Labels: ,

posted by Stephanie @ 4:24 PM  
9 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com