Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Sarah Lee I am Not, but...
Friday, November 9, 2007
These days I can hold my own in a kitchen. This is quite an accomplishment for me, considering 10 years ago I started a fire in my parents kitchen. Oops! Seriously though, for the first 4 years of my daughter's life she was convinced that you cooked in a microwave. My mom would cook something in the oven, and Madison would tell her that wasn't real cooking. Things are quite different now, when I cook, I actually use an oven, and most of the time the food is etible, and often even good. I have definitely come a long way!

I'm still no match for my Nana, who was an incredible cook, and could bake a cake like no other, but one day I'll make her proud! My favorite thing she would bake was a caramel cake (which I am also hoping my mom will be baking for my sister's birthday. It's a yellow cake with a caramel frosting that takes quite the talent to make. I tried once, and failed miserably. The caramel frosting hardens quickly, so you must be a master icer in order to ice the cake before it becomes hard, and clumps. I swear it must have been the ugliest cake ever when I made it, and although it tasted pretty good, it wasn't Nanas.

Our church would have a fall festival every year, and Nana would bake several of these caramel cakes for the cake walk. Let me just tell you, that when they announced that one of her cakes was coming up, the crowds came! And she just loved it! Of course, I loved it too, because unlike my mom, who can bake (almost) as good as Nana, Nana actually enjoyed it, and did it often! Which meant we at it often!

Though I know it takes more than the right equipment to bake a yummy cake, you can't expect to be a master chef using dollar store pans and mixers. Which explains why my $15 hand held mixer just isn't cutting it! :) What I need is this Hamilton Beach® Mixer! It comes in several colors, my favorites are UltraMarine and Apple, and has incredible power! This Hamilton Beach® Stand Mixer has 400 watts of power and 12 settings. It comes with 3 different attachments for every kind of mixing need, but my favorite thing of all is the pouring/mixing shield and the handle on the 4.5 quart mixing bowl! That means less mess! With these extra features, I would have no trouble with quick frosting...pour, spread, pour, spread.

I actually asked my mom for one of these Eclectrics® Mixers for Christmas. She kindly laughed, stating "maybe you'll get one when you get married." Thanks mom!





Labels:

posted by Stephanie @ 3:12 PM  
7 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com