Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Who Died and Made You Princess CAM?
Thursday, November 8, 2007
I am finishing up my CAM (Certified Apartment Manager) training tomorrow. All in all it has been a pretty interesting class. Each day we have a different teacher, which is nice, keeps things from getting too boring and overwhelming. When you are cramming that much information into one week, you need that! Well today's teacher was less than desirable! This is a very interactive class, which is my preference. I am not one who is afraid to speak. I will answer all the questions, give suggestions, and ask questions too. Now, don't get me wrong, everyone (well not everyone, but at least half of the class) is participating, so it's not like I am this person who keeps talking and holding up the class or anything. Generally, I am answering the questions & telling the page number I found the answer on, so everyone else can hi-lite it in their books. This is just how we do it. One person looks up the answer & tells everyone else, so you don't have to keep flipping.

At any rate, today we were discussing Maintenance Management. The girl teaching the class (we'll call her Nikki, because that's her name, and she doesn't deserve to have it changed for her protection), Nikki says "you need to make sure on your property inspections that you are digging trash out the bushes, because if the guys don't think you will look there they won't clean it up. But, if they know you are going to check the bushes they will clean the bushes."

So I decide to impart upon the class my experience with maintenance recently...

"We just finished PM (preventative maintenance) on my property, and I told the guys before we started that I would be accompanying them. Their reactions were less than pleasant. I was told 'It's hard work' 'Have you done this before?' 'You know we won't be going slow, you are going to have to keep up.' By day 3 the guys were saying 'Wow, thanks, this has been much faster and easier with your help.' because I didn't just accompany them looking over their shoulder. I helped! I was working too."

Nikki's response: (insert better than you attitude here) "Who hasn't done PM?"

Excuse me! My point was not to pat myself on the back for doing PM, nor to pat myself for keeping up. My point was once the guys realized that I wasn't out to inspect every step they took, and that I was actually being a team player, they responded much better. Everyone else in the class understood my point...why did Nikki miss it?

After class, one lady, whom I only met on Monday goes "Wow, could she have been any more rude to you today?"

I'm glad she will not be returning tomorrow.

Labels: , ,

posted by Stephanie @ 6:14 PM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com