Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Why is Oprah in Town?
Saturday, November 17, 2007

Let me just tell you. My entire town is on and has been on Oprah watch for the past 3 days as Oprah is in Macon, GA filming today! Did I get tickets? No, I did not. Did my cousin? Yes, she did! I am sooo jealous. And today the FedEx guy leaked that it was her "favorite things" episode. Did I not tell you it would be? Yes I did! On November 8th, I told you it would be! You see, now that would have made my day! Oh, Oprah...why didn't you pick me to come?

So, how did my cousin get to go? Well, after driving around downtown on Oprah watch all afternoon yesterday, with no Oprah sightings, she gave up and went home. Since elections were only last week, her neighbor turned his big "Vote Anita Ponder" sign around and wrote "OPRAH STOP HERE" and she did just that last night. My cousin's neighbor came running to get her, and the other neighbors, and 4 couples sat and chatted last night with Oprah for about an hour! Then Oprah gave all four of the women tickets to todays show. (My cousin is the blonde lady in the back & her husband is beside her...the others are her neighbors.)

My cousin, who works with my mom called my mom and giggled like a school girl getting dressed for the show. I would have too though. Maybe I will stand outside her hotel tonight, just for the chance to say hey to Oprah.

Labels:

posted by Stephanie @ 2:53 PM  
4 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com