Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Indian Nick
Thursday, December 13, 2007
My daughter has a friend who she refers to as "Indian Nick." It's because there are about 4 Nick's in our apartment community, and Nick's family is from India. He doesn't mind, he actually answers to "Indian Nick" which I find funny.

Indian Nick is about a year older than my daughter, and I have a feeling she has a bit of a crush on him. He's a cutie, so I understand, though because of his family's belief's I also would not encourage it. Not to mention, I do not agree with childhood "relationships," but that's another post for another day.

Over the weekend I decorated my house for Christmas...oh, that reminds me, I should post pictures of my tree. I digress, my house is now decorated for Christmas. Indian Nick has been over quite a bit lately, entertaining Madison while I've been out of commission. The last few days Indian Nick has been over, and I have caught him just staring at our tree. When I asked him about it, he told me his family doesn't celebrate Christmas, and that he thought my tree was beautiful.

Because of my financial hardships this Christmas, Damian and I are not exchanging Christmas gifts with each other. But Damian has decided to give Indian Nick a Christmas present instead. I think it's a great idea! I can't wait to see his face. In the mean time, I just enjoy watching him stare at the tree.

Labels: ,

posted by Stephanie @ 10:05 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At December 13, 2007 at 11:13 PM, Blogger prin said…

    It's funny how we can have somewhat similar backgrounds and yet have completely different perspectives on things. I'd encourage it. I'd want nothing less from my kids than to have a heart that is tolerant, loving and open to diversity. :)

    Can't wait to see the tree. :)

     
  • At December 14, 2007 at 9:02 AM, Blogger matt said…

    Dang, that reminds me to go get one off the angel tree. Is it too late?

     
  • At December 14, 2007 at 10:32 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Prin: I am very tolerant of personal differences, but so much religious differences.

    Matt: You better hurry. You should get 2 since you waited so late!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com