Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Call the Doctor and Ask
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
I randomly ask Damian question through this whole healing process to which he generally answers "Call the doctor and ask." Thanks babe! So the other night I was out of Lortab. Oh, the horror! So I decided it would be the perfect opportunity to come off the Lortab. I still have plenty of Darvocet, so I will downgrade. But Damian says "Don't you think you should ask the doctor before you just switch drugs." So I call and the doctor says I can take the Darvocet 4 hours after the Lortab, and I'll be fine. So I did. WRONG! I was not fine! I was high as a kite! To make matters worse, Mandy was in labor! I went to visit her, and I'm pretty sure my mom asked Damian to take me home to sleep. Luckily the high wore off during my nap, and I was sober enough to hold baby Eli by yesterday evening. I've heard I was the talk of the hospital yesterday. Okay, well maybe not the hospital, but at least the talk of the maternity waiting room. He he! Well, as of today, it's Motrin from here on out. I'm on my way to being healed! Pictures to come!

Labels: , ,

posted by Stephanie @ 11:03 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At December 5, 2007 at 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i could never handle pain pills after surgeries. not only did they make me feel high, but they made me sick to my stomach. lol @ having to go sleep off your high. that's pretty funny. i bet you felt great though :)

     
  • At December 5, 2007 at 1:15 PM, Blogger Skryker said…

    That's good that you're healing up well.

    As for the double whammy pain pills, it's a good family story. "Yeah, when I went to the hospital to wait for you to be born, I was so high they made me leave!"

    On second thought, maybe not such a good story after all. ;)

     
  • At December 5, 2007 at 3:22 PM, Blogger prin said…

    lol @ them making you leave. :D It's probably better that you were high so you don't remember the part where the baby is covered in that goo. lol

     
  • At December 5, 2007 at 4:37 PM, Blogger Courtney said…

    When I had my first knee surgery, I was on percocet's. I had to stop taking them because I was WAY too dependent on them and I had a 2 1/2 year old and a 6 week old. The second knee surgery, I was on darvocet. They were still too strong and couldn't take those. I can see how people become addicted!

     
  • At December 5, 2007 at 11:16 PM, Blogger Sheena said…

    Prescription pain killers are no joke. After my boob surgery I took some crap with codeine, I felt like I was being taken away. I felt so heavy but I stayed up and fought it. I was scared to go to sleep! After that experience I flushed those pills down the toilet!

    I'm glad you are doing well!

     
  • At December 6, 2007 at 1:11 AM, Blogger joen05 said…

    I had oxycodon once, and I couldn't even sit up for 5 minutes. Those things are stroooong. It was kinda of fun to be flying, but not so much fun when I decided to take one before work... it was because of my wisdom tooth pain though, not because I wanted to get high!

    Needless to say, I wasn't too much help that night. I don't think I've ever gripped my register screen tighter before. It was hard to stay standing up.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com