Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Just a quick update
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
I am doing pretty good today. I started coming down with a cold yesterday, so I am doping myself up to try to kick it before Friday. I don't want anything else delaying my surgery. My swelling has gone down some since yesterday also, which is really good.

Even though I didn't have surgery yesterday, I did have my surgical consult. The area is now too large to just close up or do a flap repair, as originally hoped. Instead, they will definitely have to do a skin graft. They will take an area of skin (5.9cm x 3.6cm) from underneath my arm (you know, where old women get that skin flap)and move it to my breast. The closer to the area, the better chance of a skin tone match. He will then try to just close up my arm. If he is unable to do that, he will take a partial thickness graft from my hip to repair my arm.

The theory behind this is that correcting my breast is the top priority, so it will look the best, the area from my hip would cause little scarring, so really the under side of my arm will have the worst scar, and it won't really be seen that often.

Everything will come from the left side, so at night I will still be able to sleep on my right side or my back.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Stephanie @ 3:27 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At November 28, 2007 at 10:15 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    I know you'll be happy when Friday is behind you, but no worries...Monday is soon after, and you'll be able to meet little Elijah then!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com