Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Don't Mind if I Do
Saturday, November 24, 2007
My buddy Joen has a blog specifically for movie reviews, which makes him the expert. However, after renting several movies this week (but only watching 2 so far), I feel the need to review them. This review will also give you insight into my maturity and mentality level.


Movie 1: Shrek 3
Damian, Madi and I all three watched this movie & loved it! It was the hilarious mixture of comedy and crude that we have all grown to love from the Big Ogre, Donkey, and Puss in Boots! With several new voices (including JT) there was quite the cast! Unlike many child-friendly movies the plot was never slow, and was full of gross humor. Though there were a few adult jokes, they were so subtle that even my 9 year old didn't pick up on them.

On a scale of 1 to 10, this movie gets a solid 8! I loved it!


Movie 2: Surf's Up
Have you noticed a trend yet? Funny thing is, Madi refused to watch this one with Damian and I. Damian has a love for animated movies, and I too have found that they can be quite refreshing. This movie was all about Cody Maverick, a surfing penguin from Antarctica. Through the whole movie he tries to find himself through his role model "Big Z" and along the way finds a best friend and a girl too. Its a great all around feel good movie. I actually was able to figure out the twist to this one pretty quickly, which actually made me feel smart, because Damian generally figures out all the twists to a movie during the beginning credits. Drives me nuts! I never see it coming! This movie too was full of one liners and funny stabs!

On a scale of 1 to 10: This one gets an 8 too.

Both excellent movies. I really enjoyed both of them, probably even enough to watch them a second time. Both are funny for adults, but safe for kids.

I also rented "We are Marshall" featuring the very sexy Matthew McConaughey. If I can get past his yummy smile, and paralyzing eyes I'll review that one too.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Stephanie @ 11:13 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At November 24, 2007 at 2:01 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    First off - did you have to look up how to spell McConoughey...or however the crap you spell it? Because I just read it on your blog and I already forgot how it's spelled. He definitely should have shortened it when he became famous...oh well. He didn't ask me.

    John Marc & I watched Shrek3 on Thanksgiving and although it was really funny, I think I liked the first two better. It was still pretty cute, though.

     
  • At November 24, 2007 at 9:03 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    You know I looked that up, and I almost wrote about that too :) When we get married, I'll have to keep my last name, otherwise I would never know how to spell it :)

     
  • At November 27, 2007 at 2:02 PM, Blogger joen05 said…

    Nice Reviews! I should compile some guest reviews for when I leave on vacation, like I did last week...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com