Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
I Tee-Teed in the Potty Today!
Saturday, December 1, 2007
That last 36 hours in a nutshell:

Wake up at 4:30 a.m. Get dressed, brush my teeth & in my car by 5:00 a.m. Wow! Nobody is on the road that early! Wow, I am actually at the hospital on time! 5:30a.m. Woo Hoo!

6:00a.m. I head upstairs, put on my "see more hiney" gown, and my pretty shower cap.

6:30a.m. The nurse comes in bringing my stylish toe less stockings and inflatable leg warmers. She takes my blood pressure, and my temperature. All is well.

6:35a.m. Nurse 2 comes in to put my i.v in.

6:40a.m. 5 minutes later, I am screaming, and she is still digging to find a vein. The anaesthesiologist comes in and says he'll take if from here. Thank you!

7:00a.m. I am still crying like a 2 year old, as I'm being rolled down the hall to the OR. The anaesthesiologist gives me a shot to deaden by arm, and puts the iv in without any trouble...stupid nurse! And that is all I remember until...

11:30a.m. Recovery nurse chatting it up with another nurse as I try to come in and out of la la land. Gosh, am I thirsty! Can I please have a drink...so they bring me sprite.

12:30p.m. I'm ready to leave the hospital. I have drank a can of sprite and a can of diet coke. Hmm, maybe I should pee before I leave. So I try. No go. Gosh, my mouth is so dry...I have got to have another drink. I drink a whole bottle of water and the last 1/2 of Damian's Gaterade on the way home.

1:00p.m. We are home! Can I please have another drink? Another gaterade down the hatch and my mouth is still completely dry. Mom brings lunch but I can't eat it since it is stuck to the roof of my mouth. More gaterade...and a nap.

3:00p.m. Mom takes Madi home, I'm awake & thirsty. Oh, but I have to pee again. Wait a minute, I never peed before. So I hobble like an old lady held by Damian, and still can't pee, what is up?

4:00p.m. - 7:00p.m. nap, drink, sit aimlessly on the toilet, nap, drink, sit aimlessly on the toilet.

7:00p.m. Scream in pain. Oh my Gosh, I have drank 2 sodas, 2 bottles of water & 4 Gatorade's & haven't peed once. My stomach looks 5 months pregnant & is hard as a rock. I'm going to die.

7:02p.m. Damian has put me in the car, screaming in agony and is flying to the ER. I am in so much pain by the time we get there he carries me in crying and screaming. They take me right to the back. I have now officially scared every other patient in the ER. 10 minutes later, Damian has signed his life away and I am getting a catheter.

7:15p.m. Relief....1000 ML of relief. "Woah, we have to clamp it for a minute. If you drain completely out, you'll cause your bladder to spasm."

7:30p.m. Empty 1000ML into urinal can = 32 oz. Wow, that's a lot of pee!

7:45p.m. Unclamp catheter, teach Damian and I how to empty it, and send me home.

8:00p.m. 700ML full again! Crazy!

10:00p.m. - 2:00a.m. - 2000ML full (that's 64 oz!)

12:00p.m. Saturday - Catheter removed and I finally feel the relief of peeing! My mom stands in front of me and claps and says (insert baby talk) "I'm so pwoud of you! You tee-teed in the potty! Yay!"

3:00p.m. I'm home, I can tee-tee on my own, so now it's time to take a nap! Hello, Loritab!

Labels: , ,

posted by Stephanie @ 2:30 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At December 1, 2007 at 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i cannot believe they didn't have you to pee before you left. after every surgery i've had, no matter what it has been on, they always make me pee before i leave the hospital. it's almost frustrating, because you have to drink so much water and the nurse always measure how much pee you're leaving in a cup. i hope you get to feeling better soon and i'll be praying for you.

     
  • At December 1, 2007 at 8:02 PM, Blogger prin said…

    That sounds so terrible, but at the same time, the way you tell it is hilarious. :D

    Good luck with your recovery. :)

     
  • At December 1, 2007 at 8:36 PM, Blogger Jim Duggan said…

    Glad to hear you are OK. And I assume the surgery went well too.

     
  • At December 1, 2007 at 9:18 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    ::Clapping::

    Good job Steffy! Did you get a treat after going in the potty?

     
  • At December 1, 2007 at 9:18 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I was about to say before I read Jessica's comment, I can't believe they let you leave without peeing. Which hospital was that???
    Girl, I'm glad you're feeling better!
    And I hope the surgery went well too!

     
  • At December 1, 2007 at 9:20 PM, Blogger Boss Lady said…

    Big girl pants, here we come!!! Glad you're feeling better! :(

     
  • At December 2, 2007 at 11:40 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Jess: We even asked before we left if I needed to pee first, they said no.

    Prin: If you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at?

    Jim: Thanks! Surgery went fine.

    Mandy: Mommy bought me Zaxby's! With a diet coke!

    Steph: MCCG. Very dissapointed in them for that.

    Boss: I want Rainbow Brite!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com