Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Oh the Woes of Life
Monday, December 10, 2007

Did you know worrying is a sin? I guess it makes sense, but I never thought about it. I'm learning how not to worry. Easier said than done. Life isn't dealing me the hand I had hoped for. I'm trying to find a way to beat a flush with a sorry hand, and not sweat it.

If you've been a long time reader (and by long time I mean 3 months) then you know my boss and I don't have the greatest relationship. She has done some pretty shady things in the past to both myself and other co-workers. Most recently she wanted me to fire 2 employees that I didn't feel deserved to be fired. She just wanted them gone because she wanted to bring in her own crew. I very respectfully explained that I was not comfortable firing them "her" way. Meaning, I'm not going to fire a girl off maternity leave stating we don't need her anymore, and I'm not firing a single dad because she doesn't like the way he keeps his cart. At any rate, within 3 months she had worked her magic and fired them anyway.

In this whole process, I have had several promotions snatched out from under me, though promised to me, and did not get my annual raise. Now, if I deserved it, I would understand, but we are "tested" within the company, and I personally have the highest score in her entire region (approx. 40 employees). On top of that myself and 2 other managers took the CAM (Certified Apartment Manager) course in November, and I am the only one of us who passed it.

So what's up now? Well, Damian has been painting for my apartment community since he returned from Texas. He painted for us prior to moving to Texas, and then again during the summer months he spent here. I had it approved over a year ago that he could paint for us. So when he returned, he began painting again. But today, she emailed me and called my maintenance guy and told him Damian was to stop painting immediately, and could no longer paint for us. She said that because of our relationship he could not work for me. Crazy how it didn't matter 11 months ago, or even 5 months ago.

I have this gut feeling I am next to be canned. And based on my gut history, I have been right about her every time. I'm batting 1,000 when it comes to figuring her out.

My plan? Stay on disability for a while. :) She can't fire me when I'm on disability, I am a protected class. I have a doctor's appt tomorrow, and I'm going to ask my doctor to keep me out of work for the next 3 weeks or so. This will give me time to look for something else. And since I live where I work, this means I have to find a new home too. Oh, the drama!

Well, mark the date, because I'm positive something will work out, and I'll be better off for it. And be sure to remind me of this next time I whine or worry.

Labels: ,

posted by Stephanie @ 8:59 PM  
15 Comments:
  • At December 10, 2007 at 11:13 PM, Blogger Oswegan said…

    You need a full house girl.

    ~Oswegan

     
  • At December 10, 2007 at 11:29 PM, Blogger hotroxboggsy said…

    I'll be praying for you. Love ya girl!

     
  • At December 11, 2007 at 8:35 AM, Blogger matt said…

    You should quit before she fires you. That'll show her...Shouldn't it be batting .1000? That's the baseball player coming out in me.

     
  • At December 11, 2007 at 10:35 AM, Blogger Sharon said…

    Sounds like you have a plan, that's good. You are right, it's a sin, but sometimes it's so hard not to! Praying everything works out for the best. Remember -- it doesn't say everything IS good...it says everythings works together for your good. Maybe this unpleasantness is going to put you in a better place all the way around :)

     
  • At December 11, 2007 at 2:00 PM, Blogger prin said…

    No, don't listen to matt. Let her fire you. You get better compensation that way, either from the company or from the government...

    I hope you find something soon. Otherwise, with no home, you're pretty mobile, so pick a place on the map and start fresh. :) Maybe?

     
  • At December 11, 2007 at 2:15 PM, Blogger Rahul said…

    Matt is totally batting a .0000 with his comment.

    See what I did there?

    Anyway its batting 1.000 and yeah let her fire you so you can at least file for unemployment if you need to.

    So if you get fired you get kicked out of your apartment? How does that work?

     
  • At December 11, 2007 at 9:24 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Oswegan: A Royal Flush would be great!

    HotRoxBoggsy: Thanks. Don't say anything to Sarah if you haven't already. She doesn't really know.

    Matt: My bad! You knew what I meant though.

    Sharon: I feel sure that this time next year I'll look back on this and be happy it all went down.

    Prin: I've always wanted to just up and move. I never seem to do it though.

    RS: Our company policy is that when you leave the company you have 7 days to leave your apartment. Doesn't matter if I quit or am fired...7 days! Crazy, huh?

     
  • At December 12, 2007 at 2:43 AM, Blogger joen05 said…

    Man it definitely seems like time to find a new place. I wouldn't deal with that crap. I had a similar siuation once... though not as big, and I left and got a better job! so I bet the same will happen for u!

     
  • At December 12, 2007 at 10:44 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    praying for the best outcome... xoxo

     
  • At December 12, 2007 at 10:53 AM, Blogger prin said…

    Do it!

    There. I've done all I can do. :D

     
  • At December 12, 2007 at 11:16 AM, Blogger Boss Lady said…

    Try not to worry! (Easy for me to say, right?) Prayers for you and I'm sure you have a great support from your family! Hugs!

     
  • At December 12, 2007 at 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i'll be praying for you and for a great outcome. it's hard not to worry, but i try to put all my worries into God's hands. He can deal with it better than i can.

     
  • At December 12, 2007 at 1:03 PM, Blogger MomOf4 said…

    Wow! That bites. Like you need anything like this hanging over your head after what you have been through. Best of luck to you! (I agree with your strategy. It sounds like you have a great resume'!)

     
  • At December 12, 2007 at 4:40 PM, Blogger Daszzle said…

    God, what a positive outlook to have. I'm seriously inspired by your guts and confidence. I wish you the best of luck though I'm so sorry you have to deal with all of this. It's been one thing after another for you lately hasn't it? You're one tough chick though so rock on!

     
  • At December 15, 2007 at 10:39 AM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Since you had 3 interviews in one day, I'd say you'll come out on the better side soon! And when you do, give that stinky boss of yours a good kick in the butt before you leave! ;o)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com