Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
The Biggest Loser = Me!
Sunday, May 18, 2008


Friday I stepped on the scales at the gym. I weigh now what I weighed the day I checked into the hospital to deliver my daughter almost 10 years ago! WHAT!?! Now granted, I was etheopian skinny prior to getting pregnant, and only gained 30 lbs. during my pregnancy (all of which I lost by Madi's 2 week check-up). But as of today I weight 132 pounds! (Yes, I did just publish my weight for the world to see. I mean, it's not like the world around me can't see it on me, so why shouldn't I just share it with you too.)

Now, I also realize that 132 is not fat. I am 5'4" and should by "medical standards" weigh between 114 and 152. And a number is just that...a number. But that number includes zero muscle....just fat. I have gone from a size 4, two years ago, to a size 6 last year, and now I'm pushing an 8. And up until around age 25 I was a size 2 or less.

So as of Friday, the diet and exercise has started...for real! I'm not dieting in the sense of lettuce and carrots only, but more grilled chicken instead of fried; fruit instead of fries; and skipping desserts (yes, even those glorious Triple Chocolate Meltdowns at Applebees). And I've bought every 100 calorie snack out there!

So I will post my weight every Wednesday for the world to see. My goal weight = 115. That means 17 pounds to go!

Labels: , ,

posted by Stephanie @ 6:32 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At May 19, 2008 at 9:15 AM, Blogger Courtney said…

    Good luck to you. This is a great way to accomplish this, holding yourself accountable here. I finally got down to 132 but I'm 5'8 so it's a little different. I have 7 more I want to lose.

     
  • At May 23, 2008 at 12:01 AM, Blogger prin said…

    lol! I've learned not to look at the numbers a while ago. I'm 5'6" and at 132, I'd be skin and bones...

    Just get yourself to where you're happy and healthy, regardless of the numbers.;)

     
  • At May 23, 2008 at 12:57 AM, Blogger linda said…

    You have to exercise, not just diet. Exercise is good for you mentally and physically. I am 140 pounds and 5'9" and look a lot less due to exercise - in fact, I wear the same clothes as I did when 130 pounds. Mostly muscle - it burns calories even when you rest..

    Just aim for healthy eating and good exercise. It will fall into place.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com