Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Close your legs & watch your kids!
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
There is a family in my apartment community who's situation is driving me crazy! It is a single mom going through a divorce (but sleeping with another resident in the community) & her two children. Her kids are wild! I mean bad wild! But what do you expect? This woman has talked to me about her marital problems IN FRONT OF HER KIDS! She parties all the time & has this man in her house ALL the time, even though she is technically still married. She sends her kids outside in the morning & won't let them back in the house during the day. It is not uncommon for me to see them outside playing at 11:00 at night (ages 6 & 9) by themselves. But the most annoying part is the fact that these kids are knocking on my door and my neighbors door constantly...

"Can I come in, my mom isn't home?"
"Can I have a drink, my house is locked?"
"Can I use the bathroom, I can't get into my house?"
"We can't afford any food right now, can I have a snack?"
"Can I come in and watch t.v.? We don't have cable."
"Can I come in? I want to play with the baby." (my neighbor's baby, not mine....I don't have a baby)

I feel bad for the kids...but I don't like them! I am not about to risk my child becoming like them by letting them hang around my house. They are rude, have no manners & are flat out liars. I have tried being nice & letting them play at my house when I can supervise it, but the disrespect is unbelievable. Again though...what do you expect when they are not required to respect anyone.

So I am tempted to call DFCS...is that crossing the line?
posted by Stephanie @ 8:47 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At August 8, 2007 at 9:41 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Kids do not need to be playing outside at an apartment complex at 11:00 p.m. Espcially not a 6 and 9 year old. I would put an anonymous note on the lady's door and then if she doesn't decide to supervise her children, report her.

     
  • At August 9, 2007 at 12:41 AM, Blogger Heather @ thedomesticdiva.org said…

    uugghh, I hate kids like that. I hate people that have kids then don't want to take the time to raise them properly. I think that when you have kids you should change and mature and realize that you can't do all the things you used to do like go out and party.

    It is insanely hot outside and for them to be outside ALL DAY, cannot be good for their health. Poor kids, even if they are bad I have sympathy for them.

    Can u report to DFACS anonymously? If you could I'd go for it. The mother needs to be taught a lesson in parenting. Besides the kids should always come first before any random guy that she may be seeing at the time!

     
  • At August 9, 2007 at 8:44 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I do feel sorry for the kids also, I guess the problem is, that the parents have been letting this go on & now we are just tired of it!

    I forgot to mention I know the father of the kids & have a feeling he doesn't know what is going on. I think I am going to drop a hint to him.

     
  • At August 10, 2007 at 11:04 AM, Blogger Paper Fan Club said…

    Absolutely not; I would call child services if I were you. Surely, there are other people (neighbours, teachers, relatives) also concerned about this situation. Who's accountable if one of the kids gets hurt or hit by a car, god forbid?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com