Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Mom. We need to talk.
Monday, April 14, 2008
I had a talk with my mom today. She asked me about the gym Mrs. Mandyoo and I are going join. I was telling her all about it, and then snuck in. "And we've all been talking...we think you should join too."

I didn't let my mom get in a word, because the truth is, it's not that we want her to join the gym because she is overweight, it's because she is unhealthy and that scares us. My Nana (her mom) died at age 65. She was so young, and so alive. There was no warning, her heart just stopped beating. She had heart problems, but pretty much had ever since I can remember. It's kind of a way of life with our family. 6 out of 7 of Nana's brothers and sisters died of heart problems, as well as both of her parents. My aunt (my mom's younger sister) had triple by-pass surgery 2 years ago. She was only 47! So you see, why I am concerned.

I explained to my mom that my sisters and I want her to be around for our lives and our childrens lives. That we want her to experience more than Nana was able too. She's only 14 years away from 65, and I'd like to have more than 14 years with her.

Oh, and Mrs. Mandyoo if you are reading this....I think I have guilted her into joining! :)
posted by Stephanie @ 10:17 PM  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com