Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Why Pineola?
Sunday, October 12, 2008
I decided I would tell the story of why we picked Pineola Farms here in Georgia instead of going to the beach as originally planned. First, we cancelled Florida when I kept having to downsize the wedding cutting out more and more of my friends. So we decided to stay here in Georgia. BUT the only way I was having a Georgia wedding was if it wasn't your traditional church wedding. (Nothing against church weddings, but I don't want one. It's my day, and I want it to mean something to me. I love my church, but it is far from beautiful.)

So last Saturday, we got up bright and early and headed to Thomaston, GA...about 45 minutes away...we thought. :) It ended up taking us about an hour and a half to get to the Auchumpkee Covered Bridge (our destination). When we got there, we found nothing like what we were told. (Meaning, the "parking area" was non-existent, and my personal favorite...the "picnic area" was A picnic table...meaning ONE!) Anyway, it was nothing like we had hoped. We turned the car around and headed back, tired and defeated. When we got home, we jumped on the internet looking for other "cool" locations within an hour radius.

Sunday after church we took our comprised list, and began riding around Macon...no luck. We drove to Warner Robins...are you kidding me. Well, what about the park in Perry someone told us about...RIGHT!?! Again, we got home around 5:00p.m. tired and defeated. Damian says, you just might have to have a church wedding...Um, excuse me?!

So I hop on the computer again, and decided to try the chamber of commerce. Low and behold ONE single listing under "weddings." We checked out the website...beautiful, but we had already been deceived by a website more than once. We called the number...no answer. We googled the location and hopped in the car...about 14 miles down the road in good ole Fort Valley. (For those of you not from Georgia...Fort Valley is not a town known for much of anything other than maybe's its school, but even that is mostly just a local fame.)

We pulled up to Pineola Farms and The Cotton Barn....BEAUTIFUL! We loved it. Then my phone rang...it was the couple who owned the place...they were on their way, and would meet us there, but the bad news was, they were booked through the end of the year. We would have to wait until next year. (I hope you are kidding, I have already bumped this thing back 3 times.)

We toured the place with them, and fell more in love with it minute by minute. Paul and Delise (the owners) were great! We clicked right away. That's when she told me that technically she didn't have anything booked November 29th, and she had told numerous couples she couldn't do a wedding that weekend, due to conflict. But when she called me, my ring back tone on my cell phone was her favorite song (Chris Tomlin's 'Amazing Grace'). She said she felt like God told her to open it up to us, so she was.

But even better, when she pulled out the price sheet, and we saw it was the amount of our entire budget, we knew we couldn't afford it. That's when she told us that the house (an old 1836 Farm House) needed the front porch painted. She wanted Damian to do it for her, and she would do it as a trade on the wedding!

I know that God opened this up for us, and I'm so excited to see things fall into place. Everyone around me seems to be stressing, but not me.

Labels:

posted by Stephanie @ 7:30 PM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com