Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Oh the Stress!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Why didn't someone tell me planning a wedding is so stressful!?! Okay, so you really did, but why didn't I listen? In 8 days I have changed the wedding date 4 times! First it was 11/8, but mom couldn't make it. So then it was 11/15, but his mom couldn't make it, so then it was 11/22, and that seemed to work for everyone...until mother nature struck (early) this weekend, lining me up for another crinsom wave on the 22nd, so now it looks like it will be the 29th (as in 2 days after Thanksgiving). And well, quite honestly, that is if we have any financial help. Otherwise, we either have to post-pone or downsize. How do you downsize a small wedding?

I did the budget this weekend, and picked out colors. The color will be green, and the budget is $6,000! Not bad, but we still don't have it. Of course $2,000 of that $6,000 is the honeymoon, so that just may have to be scaled down too.

I already have a dress (thank God!), and found him an AWESOME suit at Express. I hope he gets it; he really liked it too...(except this one is in grey, and the black one looks better). What do you think?
So Damian is making phone calls today to see if his parents can help us out. I'm going to sit down with my mom one day this week, show her the budget, and ask if she thinks they can help too. Otherwise, I'm cancelling the whole thing...and Damian, Madi and I will have a private ceremony. I'm just not putting this off over money. Nope, not gonna do it!

Labels:

posted by Stephanie @ 11:34 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At September 29, 2008 at 1:18 PM, Blogger Courtney said…

    I don't blame you! I planned a wedding in 5 weeks, not fun. We were engaged for 15 months and never picked a date and then it was like, now's a good time so in 5 weeks we did it!

     
  • At September 29, 2008 at 3:07 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    I hope you get funding from somewhere because otherwise I'll have to show up anyway. ;o) But don't get your hopes up about our parental untis helping out because you know their position on that. And, really, it has nothing to do with the last post...they've always said we're on our own the 2nd round (fair as it may not be).

     
  • At September 29, 2008 at 4:47 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I do know that Mom and Dad said they wouldn't pay for round 2, so I'm not expecting them too. What I am hoping is that they are willing to help out. If each parent put up $1,000 that would be $3,000 (cuz mom & dad would be combined) and we would cover the other 1/2. That is just what we are hoping for. We'll see.

     
  • At September 30, 2008 at 9:58 AM, Blogger Lindsay said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At October 2, 2008 at 4:46 PM, Blogger prin said…

    2nd round?

    None of my business. :D

    Good luck! Either way, I hope you have a great wedding day. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com