Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Saturday is Pet Adoption Day
Saturday, September 29, 2007
I took Madi to a local fast food restaurant today...not to eat, we actually had already done that. We got a small snack, and went outside to play. Well, she played, I read.

It's not that she can't play at home, we live in an apartment community so there are plenty of children, and we do have a playground, it's just that I really have lost all patience for the kids in my neighborhood, and I had to get out of the house. It was good for both of us. There is so much bickering and fighting going on at the complex that it is good for her to get away too.

After lunch we went to Starbucks, I just can't get enough, then across the parking lot to Pet Smart. On Saturdays they host a pet adoption put on by the local Humane Society. We like to go look at the puppies and kittens. We went pretty late in the day, so many of the pets had already been adopted. There were only 2 dogs left. One was a 2 year old female Yorkie and the other was a mutt. This was not just any mutt, he was one of those dogs who looked sad. He looked like he had never been loved. It just broke my heart. Unfortunately I am terrified of big dogs, and could not bring myself to actually pet him. The Yorkie was actually adopted already & had not been taken home yet.

I do badly want a dog, but made a deal with D not to get one right now. Here is how it went. D wants a Mastiff (a/k/a HUGE dog). So I say, you cannot get a dog before we get married, because the only way I won't be afraid of him is if I live with him from the moment you get him. So he agrees and says, "then you have to wait too." Agreed.

Fast forward 11 months...I WANT A DOG! NOW! Just so happens a Yorkie is my dream dog. Yep, a Yorkie or a Westie, that's what I want. But like I said, this yorkie had already been adopted. BUT, they have 2 more at the shelter! 4 were dropped off by their owner, a breeder, when he decided he was done breeding. He dropped them off at a kill shelter, and the Humane Society rescued them. They are full-blooded, and only $100!

I called and left a message, as well as emailed the Humane Society. I also texted D to let him know I was breaking my end of the deal. I think he knew it was coming. I've been asking for a dog the last 6 months.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Stephanie @ 7:44 PM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com