Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
What Ever Happened to Happily Ever After?
Sunday, September 30, 2007
9:00a.m.
I thought today was going to be a typical Sunday. I woke up and got ready for church. Great service by the way! Went out to lunch with old friends I hardly see anymore, and headed home.

3:00p.m
.
Lay down for a 2 hour Sunday afternoon nap...a necessity!

3:20p.m.
Receive the following text message from my assistant manager:
If I wanted a 2 bdrm apt., how much will you charge me?...I'm just tired of all the drama! "A" lives with her boyfriend and their 3 year old son. They aren't married but have been together for about 5 years. He's asked her, she just won't say yes.



3:45p.m.
Back to sleep

5:00p.m.
Wake up, check on Madi (who plays with my neighbor while I rest). When I walk outside the neighbors 5 year old tells me "L is going to Florida." (L is her 6 year old step sister) This means L's Mom and Step dad are fighting again. So I see L's mom, and I say "Are you leaving?" She says yes...she's done. The threats of leaving have been going on for the last 6 months of their 12 month and 5 days marriage. This time, she actually left.

I don't know how I feel about this. They are definitely NOT happily married, and despite what they say, I don't believe they would have gotten married if she had not gotten pregnant. (They have a total of 4. 2 from his first marriage, 1 hers previously "L" and the baby together.) I believe God despises divorce, but if He never intended them to marry in the first place, what's the answer?

So by 5:00 today, I watched two families fall apart. Neither of which were happy families anyway, still makes me sad.

Am I the only one who still believes in "For Better, For Worse" and "Happily Ever After"?

Labels: , , ,

posted by Stephanie @ 5:20 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At October 1, 2007 at 12:00 AM, Blogger Sheena said…

    I was thinking about something similar a few days ago. Thinking about how these days marriage isn't taken seriously because it's so easy to just leave/get a divorce. People take it for granted. I don't believe people should get married because a child is coming in to the picture. Get married because you are ready and truly love each other. If it takes a few years to decide after the child is born, then take that time.

     
  • At October 1, 2007 at 12:08 AM, Blogger joen05 said…

    Wow.. sounds crazy. I don't know if I could deal with that. I've seen my share of family problems...

    But, on a brighter note, beautiful template! Where did you get it from?
    And did it save all your widgets?

     
  • At October 1, 2007 at 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I believe in "For better or worse" and "Happily Ever After." It's just that today, no one is taking marriage seriously. In the military, I have seen marriages fail within a year. It's because people are getting married for the wrong reasons, such as a child coming into the picture. I think you should marry because you're truly and deeply in love with each other, want to spend every moment together, and you know that the person is "the one!" I've seen people get married because they are bored, they got pregnant after a weekend of partying, or a one night stand. Of course a marriage is probably going to be rocky in those situations. But I believe once you say those vows under God, you are bound to them. You cannot just up and leave and take the easy way out.

    No one in my family has ever been divorced, it's like a sin and we don't believe in it. LOL. Is that weird?

    Sorry for such a long post! Take care.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com