Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Oh Google why have you forsaken me?
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Google recently went around knocking people off their totem polls, no matter how big or small. A month ago I had a Google rating of 2. Not great, I realize, but still it was a 2. With this 2, I was eligible for about 19 paid posts options daily(many of them repeats). Now thanks to Google feeding me to the sharks I have a Google rating of 0, as in Goose Egg, Nada, Zilch, Zero, None, Nope, Nothing, Ohhh, Love...0. With this 0 comes the 3 daily paid posts which I qualify for, all of which are already reserved EVERY time I try. I haven't had a paid post in weeks! This is out of control. I REALLY need the money right now, since I am not working, and only have $42 left to be paid out to me. Now, I'm a bargain shopper, but I'm not that good. You just can't feed 3 people on $42 for 2 weeks. So to close my vent I have one thing to say..."Google you suck!" I am officially switching search engines...Yahoo and Ask, you now get my vote. (Well except what you might see on my sight, because though passionate, I'm not motivated at all to actually change it!)

Labels: ,

posted by Stephanie @ 12:05 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At December 26, 2007 at 8:58 PM, Blogger Heather @ thedomesticdiva.org said…

    welcome to my world, I'm sure you heard my rant many a times over my hatred for google. I went from a PR 4 to a big fat zero all because google doesn't want to play nice despite that my alexa rating continues to go up, funny how that is. Google has their panites in a wad over people choosing to monetize their blogs with other companies other than adsense(btw, adsense sucks, never go with them). It is all good though because with RealRank launching in January, google will soon be obsolete! Like I said on my blog "Prepare to go Down, Google, in 2008!"

    Hang in there, we are all holding onto our mice waiting for RealRanks official launch in January. I'm sure it will be great, can't wait till ppp gets all of their advertisers to trust the realrank stats so that we can finally get our opps back. Can you imagine the pay cut I took a month ago when I got the Google B****slap, I went from making $500 a month to like $20 little bucks. Seriously, you can almost hear my wallet crying real tears.

    I just have to believe that it will get better with the new year.

     
  • At December 26, 2007 at 10:29 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Exactly! Of all the times for Google to bend me over, now was not the time. I'm already not getting a real pay check...so the Google check would have been nice.

    Oh, and Adsense...over 2 months I have earned....$.01! Seriously, a penny. Boy, they are a real winner. Got any other suggestions?

     
  • At December 28, 2007 at 9:17 PM, Blogger Boss Lady said…

    I have no suggestions, because I can't figure this stuff out to save my life... you've made 1 cent more than me... ;)

     
  • At December 28, 2007 at 11:09 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    My paid posting offers have taken a hit, too. I hope Diva is right and things change in 08!

     
  • At December 29, 2007 at 4:44 AM, Blogger joen05 said…

    Skittle, that really sucks! I haven't taken a hit (yet) though I suspect I might. I've got websites you can check out for other ways of monetizing your blog if you'd like... mainly web infiniti and a new one.. blog greens.

    I hope that RealRank helps you out!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com