Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Blogging Friendships
Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Dragging my soapbox to center blog

Did I say something? Or would you even know?

As we all have learned in the blogging world, the way to "socialize" and expand in this blogging world is to click the links of others and comment. Through this method I have been able to expand to a group of blogs almost too large for my daily viewing time. And to think, just a mere two months ago I had about 4 blogging friends. (Sad, I know, but we all have to start somewhere.)

Today, I would like to complain about another blogger. No names shall be named, and no fingers pointed. And I assume it isn't talking behind their back when they have the freedom to come read for themselves.

One particular blogger, that often posts interesting topics refuses to comment back! What is up with that? I do happen to know that this particular blogger has a tracker, and even commented once about traffic being down. Maybe if you commented back occasionally people would come back. If your name appears down the side of my page, then I visit your site almost on a daily basis (but you probably already knew that, because you too probably have a tracker.) However, I have decided to only read this page weekly, if that. Like I said before this particular page is often interesting, so what I am truthfully doing is weening myself off their page. After my recent spike in readers (due to a little comment whoring) it isn't so hard to avoid this page these days...I don't have time anymore!

So in a nutshell. If your page is for public viewing, and you would like to have lots of readers, I'm no expert, but I'm guessing if you just comment here and there, you just might KEEP your readers!

Stepping down off soapbox

Labels: ,

posted by Stephanie @ 10:11 PM  
18 Comments:
  • At October 3, 2007 at 3:09 PM, Blogger matt said…

    Think anyone else will leave a comment on this post? I'm a horrible blog friend to have. I admit it, I don't always post on people's and so they quit coming to mine. Guess I'll have to make new friends. I turn the ones I have sour. Or just pay someone to make comments for me.

     
  • At October 3, 2007 at 3:29 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    I am 99.9% sure I know who you are talking about, because I too comment often and never get comments back. :o( Very sad.

     
  • At October 3, 2007 at 4:21 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Well, it's most definately not you two. Though it did evoke a guilty conscience from Matt.

    Mandy, I'll email you to compare notes :)

     
  • At October 3, 2007 at 4:41 PM, Blogger Oswegan said…

    I suppose it's true.

    More just a want to try some writing and show some photos at first - but then watching the zero comment posts go by - some secret desire for feedback arises.

    ~Oswegan
    http://oswegan.blogspot.com

     
  • At October 3, 2007 at 5:21 PM, Blogger joen05 said…

    I hope its not me? I think I comment a lot.. well not as much as I should but I try! Sometimes its tough with the two jobs!

    I need suggestions on famous blogs, anyone you think I should nominate?

     
  • At October 3, 2007 at 5:31 PM, Blogger Rahul said…

    I like the picture of the soap on top of the box. I get it. Thanks for adding me to your links. You rule!

     
  • At October 3, 2007 at 7:13 PM, Blogger matt said…

    Here's another, just to be on the safe side.

     
  • At October 3, 2007 at 7:26 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Okay, seriously Matt...that one truely caused me to LOL!

     
  • At October 3, 2007 at 8:44 PM, Blogger linda said…

    I like feedback - it makes me happy. I like visiting posts and leaving comments. I like blogging so much that I have to limit my time on writing and reading blogs. I had to laugh at your remark about "comment whoring". I like to say it is "Cyber Networking" but it really is "Cyber Peeking".

     
  • At October 3, 2007 at 9:16 PM, Blogger prin said…

    Hey, is it me? lol

    I didn't realize I was on your list...

    I'm gonna put you on mine so I come by more often. ;)

    And thanks for the comment. Without it, I would have gone on thinking I blogged about things that I didn't. You'd think with that much text on the page, I'd have it all covered. Tsk. :D

     
  • At October 3, 2007 at 11:25 PM, Blogger prin said…

    Phew. :)

    I'll comment more now that I know I'm not a stranger. :D I have a "sickness" where I have to reply to (nearly) everything I read. People make fun of me for it. :D

    I love your profile pic. It's a really awesome picture.:)

     
  • At October 4, 2007 at 8:53 AM, Blogger Mandy said…

    My guess is that it's not any of you who actually commented on here...

     
  • At October 4, 2007 at 12:36 PM, Blogger Skryker said…

    I'm new to the blogging world, so I sometimes feel really hesitant about commenting.

    Guess that's part of the reason we're all here, though, right?

     
  • At October 4, 2007 at 9:38 PM, Blogger Sharon said…

    Comments are good, and it's true...the more you give, the more you get! :)

     
  • At October 5, 2007 at 8:18 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Wow! I have apparently struck a nerve, and a few guilty consciences!

    Obviously Mandy was write, none of you are the guilty party! So you can all relax now.

    My whole point is, if I leave you a comment (often), just leave me one occassionally. It doesn't have to be tit for tat. Sometimes I don't write anything worth commenting on. Just come back later though. It's just the right thing to do. :)

     
  • At October 5, 2007 at 8:19 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I seriously just mispelled RIGHT! (Um, I mean't Mandy is RIGHT, not write) Oops!

     
  • At October 8, 2007 at 10:18 AM, Blogger Sheena @ Mommy Daddy Blog said…

    We're on the same page. Sometimes I feel that I shouldn't comment if they don't comment. They must find me boring so I find them boring as well. I'm not gonna contribute to their comment count if they could give a rats tush about me.

     
  • At October 11, 2007 at 6:35 AM, Blogger whatagem said…

    Eeep! I have a serious problem with wanting comments but not leaving them myself, though I do read my fave blogs now and then

    Here's my prob: When I have oodles of time to check other blogs, I check them too soon so it hasn't been updated. Or I have nothing witty to say. Or what I have to say seems rude and mean even if I'm joking (same problem in the real world)--so I just don't say it at all to be safe (mom taught me that)

    I feel guilty now! :-D I will try to comment more

    Skittle, did my mom help you write this post? HA HA!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com