Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Shouldn't I be Excited?
Tuesday, January 29, 2008


I was excited when I got my first job in the law firm. I was excited when I left that job for a position with a professional management company. I was excited when I went back to law, and I was excited when I moved into property management. Why am I not excited about this new opportunity? I'm trying to be. Especially when the boss says...are you ready? Is it obvious when I say yes as if it's a question? Why can't I get excited about selling life insurance?

I feel as if I am just leading these people on because every morning I hope for an out, another opportunity, something. Yet so far....nothing! Everyday they are more committed and so am I. But I don't feel committed. I feel like being committed. :)

Okay, well, I have to go because I told my brother-in-law that if he would fix my parents computer today, my mom would cook for him, his wife & kids. Then I called my mom and told her she needed to cook tonight :) Now I have to go cook. It almost worked!

Labels: , , ,

posted by Stephanie @ 4:56 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At January 29, 2008 at 7:47 PM, Blogger Becca said…

    If it doesn't feel right, don't do it!! You've got the 30 day job to give you some time, but if you take a job you aren't feeling now, it will only lead to you having to job hunt again in 6 months. I did it once and was miserable!

    Good luck with whatever you decide!!

     
  • At January 30, 2008 at 6:40 AM, Blogger linda said…

    At the moment you are possibly taking the job because you need it. So, it is normal to feel less than excited. I agree with Rebecca, if you start it don't be surprised if you start job hunting for something that is more satisfying.

     
  • At January 30, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Blogger Courtney said…

    You could also not be overly excited because it is so different for you. I know you said you were excited when switching it up before, but possibly with all the other changes and surgeries you've had you don't want anymore. If you feel the need to keep job hunting do it! If not, maybe you'll get excited soon, especially if it is something you are good at and start making lots of money!

     
  • At January 30, 2008 at 6:27 PM, Blogger prin said…

    Probably a temp job then. Good luck finding a career job. :)

     
  • At January 31, 2008 at 10:07 AM, Blogger Courtney said…

    I left something for you on my blog.

     
  • At January 31, 2008 at 11:34 AM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Thanks for cooking for us! ;o)

     
  • At January 31, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Blogger Boss Lady said…

    Yes, in an ideal world, you should be excited.
    As much as I hate to say it, you might just have to work a job you don't get excited about for a little while.
    DH did it for a while before we got to where we are now. And I worked 2 while he did that.
    A temp is a good way to think of it.
    And remember, your job does NOT define who you are. YOU define who you are.
    Good luck dahling and I know you'll find the perfect job soon. XOXO (lots of them)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com