Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Letter to HR
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Dear Mary:

I am writing this correspondence as a result of my recent termination of employment from ABC Company on January 18, 2008. This is my attempt to have the matter resolved and corrected.

As the manager for Wood Apartment Homes, I was approached without warning on January 18, 2008, around 4:30p.m. by Amy and Lacy. I was told I was being terminated due to violation of company policy and procedure. However, after reviewing the policy & procedure manual, it is evident to me that there is no such policy against what I was accused of.

In 2007, on several occasions, Damian, did work for Wood Apartments. He painted several units, pressure washed the breezeways, and striped the parking lot. Damian is my boyfriend, and that was made known to Amy prior to him doing any work. She and I had previously had a conversation about Damian doing work for Wood Apartments. At the time, he was living in Texas and I was living in Georgia. We were discussing who would be moving where. Amy, in attempt to get me to stay, agreed that it would be a great idea for Damian to paint at Wood Apartments, since that is what he was doing in Texas. Over the summer, Damian did work for Wood Apartments for 2 months, prior to returning to Texas to finish several jobs he was already contracted to do. He returned in October, and began working for Wood Apartments again.

Because it had previously been approved by both Amy and Mark (per Amy), there were no further conversations in this regard between Amy and I.

On November 12, 2007, I went out on disability due to cancer. I underwent four surgeries, and returned to work on January 7, 2008. I kept in contact weekly with Amy (sometimes more) about my illness and recovery. Sometime during that period she emailed me letting me know that Wood Apartments would no longer be using Damian to paint, and that I did not have permission to have him do so. I have email correspondence in this regard.

Two weeks after returning to work I was let go. The grounds for termination were violation to company policy and procedure. However, there is no policy or procedure listed in this regard.

This was my first and only offense with the company. I was offered no severance pay, and my insurance was terminated immediately. I understand that Georgia is an “at will” state. However, being terminated for violating a rule that isn’t a rule is not valid grounds for termination.

If this is truly an “unwritten rule” then at the most, it should have been addressed by coaching. Instead, I feel that Amy took personal vendetta against me, terminating me without cause.

It is my intention to follow this issue through, as I feel that ABC Company is a great company founded on strong moral standards, and do not feel that my termination is a true reflection of the company.

In addition, I would like to report a TRUE violation of company policy and procedure making you aware of an incident that occurred on January 18, 2008.

//edit// (I deleted this portion to protect my future lawsuit, but this is where I explain just what my "boss" did that was both illegal and certainly against company policy.) //edit//

Again, I state my intentions of this letter. I would like my employment with ABC Company to be reinstated on the basis that the grounds for termination were invalid (The position, has not yet been filled). I would like restitution for any days missed because of the termination, as well as any expenses incurred from the cancellation of my insurance and being forced to move from my home. I also would like the proper steps taken in response to the disregard of company policy shown by Amy.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions. I will expect a response within seven (7) days of the date of this letter.

Sincerely,



Stephanie

Enclosures

CC: My Attorney

Labels: ,

posted by Stephanie @ 11:25 AM  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com